Kai Domain 1 x 14500 $19 light

Gary123

Enlightened
I just received an $18.70 Cree 1 x 14500 2-stage light from Kaidomain along with some other lights. Here is the link https://www.kaidomain.com/WEBUI/ProductDetail.aspx?TranID=1274. I'm very sure the same light is available at DealExtreme at this link http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1369.

When the light goes on, it is a very nice light. High is quite bright and low might be about 30 lumens. Nice light for $20, when it works. It is just tough getting it to go on, and to stay on. It keeps going off as if there is a bad connection. I have taken it apart and cleaned the threads and removed the switch (a sealed component) and cleaned the threads in the tailcap. It just doesn't want to turn on. And if it does goe on, a little bump will turn it off. I give up. I have sent Kaidomain an email a few days ago, but other than an acknowledgement, I have not received a communication from anyone over there.

I tried bruddamoke's suggestion below and it worked for a little while but then wouldn't go on again. If it worked like it was supposed to, it would be a very nice light for $20. But with the body being a little too short (see below) and the battery connectivity issues I think this light should probably be avoided.

Last edited:

bruddamoke

Newly Enlightened
Re: Deal Extreme 1 x 14500 $19 light

Had the same problem, mine was caused by poor connection between body and head. Put a steel ring (cut from a spring) into the head and now it works fine. A blob of solder might do it as well.

Gary123

Enlightened
Re: Deal Extreme 1 x 14500 $19 light

Had the same problem, mine was caused by poor connection between body and head. Put a steel ring (cut from a spring) into the head and now it works fine. A blob of solder might do it as well.

Thanks for the idea. The ring I made didn't work, but my Rexlight came with a flat thin ring that (has these sort of waves in it and) seems to be working. Still a little fussy, but much better. But the body is barely long enough as it is and now with this thin flat washer in it, I cannot screw both ends of the flashlight all the way down onto the body so the "O" ring is slightly exposed at one end. Just tried the light again and it won't go on. Forget this light.

Last edited: