Special Edition Fenix LOD CE Q2

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received the Special Edition Fenix LOD CE Q2 from the Fenix Store. Fenix Store

Shipping took 2 days.

Uses Cree 7090 XR-E.

Comes with o-ring, split ring and pocket clip.

Input voltage, 0.8-3.3V.

Fit and finish is excellent.

Type III Hard Anodize is also excellent.

Twist action is very smooth.

lodceq2001smallog5.jpg

lodceq2002smallyn4.jpg

Comes with o-ring, split ring and pocket clip.

lodceq2008smallhi8.jpg

lodceq2013smallya0.jpg

lodceq2009smalluz6.jpg

lodceq2010smallnd1.jpg

lodceq2003smallft9.jpg

lodceq2004smallod5.jpg

O-ring came lubricated.

lodceq2005smallfc7.jpg

Cree 7090 XR-E

lodceq2011smallas1.jpg

lodceq2014smallan4.jpg

lodceq2015smallqy5.jpg

Left to right, Fenix LOD CE Q2, Fenix LOD CE, Fenix LOP

lodceq2007smallct7.jpg

Top to bottom, Fenix LOD CE Q2, Fenix LOD CE, Fenix LOP

lodceq2006smalluh7.jpg

All beamshots used freshly charged Rechargeable Energizer 850mAh Batteries.

dscn0074smallet7.jpg

Fenix LOD CE Q2 @ 77"

dscn0075smallqg6.jpg

Fenix LOD CE @ 77"

dscn0076smallaf2.jpg

Left, Fenix LOD CE Q2. Right, Fenix LOD CE @ 77"

dscn0077smallvz1.jpg

Chao

Enlightened
Wow,thanks for the beamshots:goodjob: Q2 version looks great.

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
Much appreciated. :goodjob: As usual.

I have one on the way. It's been two days. Fastest I've received anything from Fenix-store was 7 days. I'll start lookin' tomorrow. :duh2:

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Much appreciated. :goodjob: As usual.

I have one on the way. It's been two days. Fastest I've received anything from Fenix-store was 7 days. I'll start lookin' tomorrow. :duh2:

Usual shipping time is 4 days to reach me.

ensile

Enlightened
nicer, more white and focussed. Still verrry smooth and bright, i can feel myself going to the buy it for dad. maybe two... oh gawd.

2xTrinity

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are they still ok to use with 10440 Li-ion's?
The light never officially supported 10440. They claim 0.8-3.3V input. That is because the circuit is a boost driver (voltage step-up). If any higher voltage is supplied, the circuit is bypassed essentially direct-driving. However, since the L0D-CE uses a separate pulse-width-modulation driver to switch between levels, rather than setting the boost driver to different currents, multiple levels of are still retained even when direct-driving off a LiIon. In the case of the L1D-CE, running that on a 14500 does the same thing, but since the levels other than high are set using the driver, all levels are lost except high and strobe. (Although, there have been no known cases of a L0D-CE frying, and I and many others have been EDCing these with 10440s for months on end)

As for the Q2, it's still luck of the draw if it will be noticeably brighter or not -- for example, if the old P4 model was near the very top of its bin, and the Q2 happened to be just barely above the bottom of the bin, the two emitters would in reality be almost exactly the same. On the other hand, if one were to get a "low end" P4 and a "high end" Q2, the difference would be quite substantial.

The biggest benefit of this appears to be the natural finish. I hope the standard model comes out in natural -- over time the black finish wears in spots, and the bare aluminum underneath really stands out. Those kind of blemishes would blend in if the light were gray to begin with.

Last edited:

barkingmad

Enlightened

Latest posts