Photon Freedom queries

WhatMACHI

Newly Enlightened
Ok ill be straight out here. I use my photons inside trance clubs/raves for fun (yup whatever floats your boat) and im looking at getting a couple of Photon Freedoms. I was going to put a purchase through Batteryjunction.com for a couple of photon freedoms and a maxpedition bag, until i realized that the Photon Freedoms come in camo casing OMG!

However batteryjunction sell the black casing photons for $10, while the coloured casings are only available from www.photonlight.com for $20 :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUNi4q5BjZY here is what i do with photons, so as you can see being able to see the photons from more angles makes it a slightly better show, than if the photons were more beamy and flickered in and out view.

What i hope to get however is a photon that has a very wide viewing angle. Because the aim is that viewing the photons from multiple angles is good. Currently im using these http://www.torchworld.com.au/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=69&products_id=184 (packaging says powered by Nichia up to 22000mcdl) which have a very whide viewing angle, and are still quite bright. Vortechs helped me out a few weeks ago sending me some new LED which were infact brighter, HOWEVER when viewing the led from the side there was little or no light (they seemed to be very beamy).

Couple of questions from here

1)People say the Turquoise (nightvision green) has a very wide flood, but how would it rate in terms of brightness compared to say white or blue?

2)Are there any other reliable sellers of Photon Freedoms with coloured cases.

Thanks.

Last edited:

x2x3x2

Banned
For the Freedoms try looking on ebay, there are selling quite cheap. About $15 shipped with black bodies.
Here's a link from one of the sellers I've bought from:
http://stores.ebay.com/Gad-Zooks_Flashlights_Photon_W0QQcolZ2QQdirZQ2d1QQfsubZ690718QQftidZ1QQtZkm

To have the light viewable from a wider angle, all you have to do is diffuse the beam. Use sand paper and sand the LEDs and you'll get pretty good results.

Alternatively, there are LEDs made this way for diffused light which are commonly used for buttons on control panels. They look kinda "milky" compared to regular focused LEDs. Perhaps you could look for them at hardware stores and swap in the new LED.

Last edited:

WhatMACHI

Newly Enlightened
I put an order through for two Black bodied Photon Freedoms with White LED's. I geuss ill wait till another retailer has the camo versions for a decent price. I worked it out if i buy 2 Camo photons from the official site, it'll cost about $75 AUS all together :(

barkingmad

Enlightened
Can't you increase the flood by filing the LED with a small file / sandpaper?

Not tried it myself but will later with one of those cheap keychain lights I have loads of! ;)