I made this little Atwood/Strider Spanner tool, what do you think?

Gadget Guy

Newly Enlightened
I love Peter Atwood's tools and I especially love the Spannerbaby's. Peter's new titanium thin stock Spannerbaby's are really cool, but I needed something a little smaller for my keychain. I love the size of this guy and it's all business and no frills. It works perfect to adjust your Striders.

What do you think?

Atwoodeesed.jpg

Gadget Guy

Newly Enlightened
Oh, that's cool, I'd like one, if you plan to mass produce, as well...

Those Strider spanner bolts are a PITA.

--dan

I would never steal a design from another maker, especially Mr. Atwood. I'm working on a small spanner tool that will work the same way and about the same size, but a totally different design.

If you want to make your own, just buy a flat ti spannerbaby from Mr. Atwood and cut it with a hacksaw. I then used a drill press with a sanding attachment to smooth down the edges. It was really easy to do and took about 10 minuets. You could easily do the sanding by hand if you don't have a drill press.

Thanks for the nice comments! :)

Gadget Guy

Newly Enlightened
GG, i cant wait to see what design you'll come up with...

Thanks! I'm working with a guy who has a water jet and he is a fantastic knife maker who is excited about getting these guys done. My goal is to keep the price as low as possible and make it very small like the one that I made. The new one will be just a tad larger to allow a more unique design. I will let everyone know when we get these going. They will be made out of titanium, so you won't even notice them on your keychain.