Any Seoul drop-ins for Surefires?

cfromc

Enlightened
Maybe I missed them, but I can't seem to find any Seoul drops-in for the common Surefire 9P/6P/C3/G2, etc. heads. I know there are several Crees, but anyone know of any Seouls? Or at least any complete lights that could have the LED module swapped into a Surefire?

P.S. If there aren't any (as I suspect) anyone know why?

cfromc

Enlightened
Does the T-bin refer to the tint, if so, does that mean its yellowish or greenish or some other undesirable tint? Or is it the output (or both)?

easilyled

Flashaholic
Does the T-bin refer to the tint, if so, does that mean its yellowish or greenish or some other undesirable tint? Or is it the output (or both)?

As far as I know it refers to the output which is less than the U-bin. I think
it is an earlier "prototype" therefore possibly less reliable.

By how much less, I'm not sure - I seem to recall maybe 10%.

cfromc

Enlightened
Based on a google of "bin codes explained" the T-bin is between 67 and 87 lumen. I guess I should have searched last night, just too tired I guess. I think I'll wait for one of the higher output bins. I'm looking for 100+ lumens, if possible.

Carabidae

Newly Enlightened
Gene of Malkoff Devices is working on a 240 lumen seoul drop in for 6p and the like, but he's a one man show working hard,but I hear he's making progress on it.

Rommul

Enlightened
Based on a google of "bin codes explained" the T-bin is between 67 and 87 lumen. I guess I should have searched last night, just too tired I guess. I think I'll wait for one of the higher output bins. I'm looking for 100+ lumens, if possible.

That page you found refers to Luxeons not Seouls.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gene of Malkoff Devices is working on a 240 lumen seoul drop in for 6p and the like, but he's a one man show working hard,but I hear he's making progress on it.

Awesome. I can't wait till it comes out. I'd like to have one run at around 35-400mah for long runtime in a G2/G3, and one run about 1a for extreme output in a C2/C3, maybe even in a 9P with detonator extender.

Gene43

Enlightened
I just sold my first P60 style dropin prototype for Surefires. 1000ma output, 240 lumens. Copper heatsink and runtimes of 2-3 hrs.

Gene43

Enlightened
I only had one prototype ready for sale. I sent out a newsletter to subscribers of my website. I should have a few more ready in a week or so. I'm waiting on some parts.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just sold my first P60 style dropin prototype for Surefires. 1000ma output, 240 lumens. Copper heatsink and runtimes of 2-3 hrs.

How do you get the heat out, especially driving them at an amp? The P60 style drop-ins are problematic as far as heat transfer goes since they are incandescents after all.

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gene43, any chance for a picture of your super duper drop in? I've tried DX's as well as Llitemania's but IMO too throwy and not much spill.

cfromc

Enlightened
Gene, I signed up for the newsletter a little over a week ago but I haven't gotten my first newsletter yet. Have you set a price yet for the drop-in?