Quick review - Cree's promotinal AA light.

mhubble

Enlightened
Original thread is here:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2050144#post2050144

You can get the light here.

Ordered the light on the night of the 14th and got it today delivered by UPS. It comes out of NORTH CAROLINA and I live in Virginia.

Got mine today. So far very impressed. Very well made, very smooth threads. Very bright. IT HAS A TRUE TACTICAL FORWARD CLICKIE SWITCH. This light has to be made by the same people that do the MINI PALM AND THE PALM STREAM. Same packaging, Same switch as the mini palm,same orange tailcap boot. A little bigger than the MINI PALM.
Been running it for 20 min now and its already REALLY HOT. Will finish the runtime test latter and post results. Package claims 1.5 hours regulated, which is the same as the mini palm.
Cost 36.50 shipped which I think is a bit too much. Should be about 25.00 shipped. The reflector is plastic(HOP). The lens is also plastic.
Overall a very good SIMPLE light, just a little too expensive.

RUNTIME TEST - Used the DURACELL that came with the light. First 30 min the light gets really hot. No loss of brightness for the first hour. After that it drops quickly. after 3 - 30 min runs its dropped to about 45% brightness. The battery reads .75 volts. This is what I dont get about the CREE'S. They are supposed to be so much more efficient and brighter. Ill give them the brightness, but Ive yet to see a CREE that runs that much better than a LUX 3 on AA batteries. After this runtime test this light is about the same as the MINIPALM. And the MINIPALM is alot cheaper.
EDIT - Got another 30 min out of the battery, running at about 30 %. Battery read .60 volts.

p6180002bl0.jpg

p6180004bi9.jpg

p6180006pk7.jpg

SIDE BY SIDE WITH A MINIPALM.
p6180008bw0.jpg

p6180012oc5.jpg

BEAM SHOT OFF MY DESK.
p6180010lr5.jpg

BEAM SHOT OF THE MINIPALM.
p6180011dr3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

BMRSEB

Enlightened
Not bad.. At least looks like it has a decent amount of flood over the MiniPalm? As far as price, you're right you could probably get one of the many DealExtreme lights, JetBeam CL-E, etc., for less.

You could also just buy their logo polo shirt AND cap for less.:grin2:

enLIGHTenment

Enlightened
Four quick questions:

Regulation?

Is it (type III) hard anodized?

Can the reflector be easily removed from the bezel cap?

What's the inner diameter of the bezel cap?

Thanks.