www.LightReviews.info done proper.

x2x3x2

Banned
Since my initial trial of doing a review site has been doing well, I've decided to migrate the entire site from the temp host to it's own proper one.

The URL's to specific pages wont be masked anymore, which means it easier to post direct links to specific reviews. (eg. http://www.lightreviews.info/jet_u/review.html)

Thanks you guys, for all your support! :)

emitter

Newly Enlightened
Congrats! Looking forward to more reviews.
The info is organized well, the site loads fast and is the design is clean. I love the disassembly photos.

But when are we gonna get a score over 8.1? Maybe the new Fenixes will get high scores...

Raven

Enlightened
You've done a good job, dude.

Very impressive.

If you're looking for suggestions on what to review, how about an Inova Bolt.

Last edited:

x2x3x2

Banned
Thanks guys! :)
I have a couple more lights coming in for review.

The scores they get are based on a system of rating criteria, and currently there have not been any lights which have passes 8.1 yet :p hehe.. I tend not to give high scores that easily so that the differences between each product is more apparent.

As you may have noticed, the "Value" rating of a product affects it's overal rating quite a bit. Perhaps if cost is not an factor, the Fenix lights definitely go beyond 8.1 :)

Btw I know my review of the Fenix P2D series and P3D have been taking a while. This is due to a misrouted shipment of the lights.

Also, I have been testing out better a rechargeable solution for the P2D CE which still maintains the Low, Medium and High levels while giving pretty good runtimes too. The test I have done on High ran for about 90mins till it dropped out of regulation.

x2x3x2

Banned
Fenix P2D CE review is up :)

Works very well running Soshine rechargeable with WF-138 charger set to 3.7V (not 3.0V), even tho the Soshine cells are 3.0V.

europium

Enlightened
I also wish to express my gratitude for your superb torch reviews. :bow:

Your detailed rundown on the U2-Style Eastward YJ convinced me to buy one, and I've been very happy with it. :thanks:

Works very well running Soshine rechargeable with WF-138 charger set to 3.7V (not 3.0V), even tho the Soshine cells are 3.0V.

I was curious as to whether you noticed that when the P2D (or L2D) is in "General Mode" when you first turn it on, that the light output appears to flash briefly at full power before going into "Low"? If so, would this qualify as a characteristic to place under "The Bad" in your conclusion section of the P2D? Or is it of no bother to you?

There is a thread on this: P2D-CE: "Lightning" before Lighting destracts

Eu

Last edited:

22hornet

Enlightened
You've done a good job, dude.

Very impressive.

If you're looking for suggestions on what to review, how about an Inova Bolt.

Yep, what about the Inova Bolt. Few attention is given to this light :mecry:
I have both the 2AAA and the 2AA and I love them a lot.
I've just finished testing the 2AAA runtime and it seems to have a flat regulation (with alkaline) and drops quite suddenly to a "moon mode" when the batteries have run dry. During it's entire "sun"-time, output remained constant, somewhere between a Fenix E1 and an Fenix L0D Ce on medium, so I guess it has somewhat like a constant 16 lumens (can someone else confirm this?), equal to a SF E1, but with a floody beam.

The 2AA bolt has a similar output like my Peak Mediterranean (luxeon) or my Fenix L2P v2.

Nice lights. :twothumbs

Kind regards,
Joris

x2x3x2

Banned
Hi europium,

In general mode, there is an initial bright flash on low mode only. I did not observe any flash when changing to medium or high. Hope it helps.

Hi 22hornet,

Yup i have gotten quite a few request on doing a review on the Bolt.
But as the site is purely done with my own funds, i get cash strapped sometimes :p so I'll have to clear the current reviews before i can get more cash to buy more.

I'm from Singapore and we can't find Inova stuff for cheap (or at all) in the stores here, so I'll have to purchase them at a little higher price online.
Don't worry tho, it's gonna be next on my list :) which version of the Bolt would u like to see reviewed? Also, let me know if you happen to know any online stoers which are selling the Bolts for cheap :p thanks!

Last edited:

beefy6969

Newly Enlightened
hey x2x3x2,

Wouldn't mind if you did a review on some cheap chargers...preferably under $30.

I like your reviews because you are the "lights from china" review king.

Keep up the good work!:twothumbs

22hornet

Enlightened

Hi 22hornet,

Yup i have gotten quite a few request on doing a review on the Bolt.
But as the site is purely done with my own funds, i get cash strapped sometimes :p so I'll have to clear the current reviews before i can get more cash to buy more.

I'm from Singapore and we can't find Inova stuff for cheap (or at all) in the stores here, so I'll have to purchase them at a little higher price online.
Don't worry tho, it's gonna be next on my list :) which version of the Bolt would u like to see reviewed? Also, let me know if you happen to know any online stoers which are selling the Bolts for cheap :p thanks!

Hello,
I bought mine at
http://www.batteryjunction.com/inbose.html
I guess, but this is personal taste, the 2AAA is the more interesting one, sizewise.

Thanks for keeping up such an interesting site!

Kind regards,
Joris

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast

Dude are you sure thats safe? Sounds like a good way to trash your batteries or start your house on fire.
:poof:

x2x3x2

Banned
Dude are you sure thats safe? Sounds like a good way to trash your batteries or start your house on fire.
:poof:

Yup it's safe as far as I can tell, but I'm no pro at electricals and of course nothing is 100%. I have monitored temperature and voltage, charging current is pretty low at 250mA, voltage always stops at 3.7V and temperature never goes over 40 degress celcius.

Consider that the usual 16340 cells are rated at 3.7V, and the UltraFire WF-139 being sold and recommened for use by AW has a charging voltage of 4.2V at 450mA. Also 16340 cells charged on the WF-139 get hotter than the above setup.

I have done about 10 charge cycles with this set up, everythings been fine so far and the batteries aren't damaged and still maintain optimum capacities and runtimes.

Last edited:

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
As your site becomes more popular, I predict you will begin to get offers from people who will send you a sample in return for a link / credit as the manufacturer or retailer of a reviewed flashlight.