Can the M100X be converted to the M90X.

fire-stick

Enlightened
Can the M100X be converted to the M90X?

I like the idea of all the throw that the M100X has but later on can I convert the M100X with the M90X bezel so I can use the LF 700 lumen lamp in it.

zehnmm

Enlightened
FYI, I received an email response regarding a similar question from Mike of PTS. He stated that you can purchase the M90 head and put it in place of the M100 turbohead. The M90 and M100 both share the same body and tailcap.

The origin of my question related to their new multi-level Cree lamp assembly. Based on what I found out, I could get the M90 head and the new Cree lamp for my current M100. (I could also use the LF incan bulbs as well....) Not sure if I will do that, but I was glad to know about my options.

Regards.

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
FYI, I received an email response regarding a similar question from Mike of PTS. He stated that you can purchase the M90 head and put it in place of the M100 turbohead.
I've read this, but I've never understood it. On the M90, the head and body are all-of-a-piece. Is there an M90 head whose only purpose is to replace the head of an M100?

zehnmm

Enlightened
Hello Paul.

My M100 head screws off of the Rattlesnake body. As I read the PTS website, I can purchase the M90 bezel.

Their website:
Wolf Eyes M90 Rattlesnake bezel, fits the M100, M90 and 9M Cobra

Price $15.99.

Unless I totally misunderstand this, the D36 bulbs do not fit the M100 turbo-head; but rather they fit the M90.

------------------

This is what I sent to Mike:

Hello Mike.

I had posted a question on CPF, but thought that I would repeat it here, regarding your recent post about the new Cree P4 HO 3.7-6V D26/36 and the 3.7-13V version. I have a Rattlesnake M100. As I understand my options, I could purchase the M90 head and open up some additional bulb options, such as the new LF bulbs.

My question is this: Will this new Cree lamp work in an M90 head on my Rattlesnake body?

Thanks!
----------------------------------
Mike's response:

Hi Steve,
Yes the D36 is made to fit M90 Rattlesnake head and the 9D Raider head.
My favorite bulb besides the D36 Cree is the Lumens Factory HO-9L in a Rattlesnake with 2 - LRB168A batteries!

------------------

At this time, I am considering some other options, including keeping my WE M100+buy M90 head+buy other bulbs; get Leef body/tailcap + KT4; get HID; or perhaps do nothing at all.

Regards.

Freaker

Newly Enlightened
The LF 700 lumen lamp is for the M90-13V. If you put an M90 bezel on a M100X, you'll get an M90X. This EO-13 lamp would be under driven with this setup.

Going on what you said, it would be best to buy an M90-13V and the M100X conversion head. The 12V lamp that comes with the M100X bezel will not hot flash with the three li-ions.

I've read this, but I've never understood it. On the M90, the head and body are all-of-a-piece. Is there an M90 head whose only purpose is to replace the head of an M100?

He sells the M90 bezel by itself

Last edited: