Orb Raw NS Cree (Many Pictures)

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
What a fantastic miniature two-level rechargeable light.

I bought it here: http://www.lummi.co.uk/sor.php

IMG_0874.jpg

IMG_0877.jpg

IMG_0880.jpg

IMG_0879.jpg

IMG_0876.jpg

IMG_0875.jpg

IMG_0882.jpg

IMG_0881.jpg

IMG_0884.jpg

IMG_0891.jpg

IMG_0889.jpg

IMG_0883.jpg

IMG_0888.jpg

IMG_0885.jpg

IMG_0878.jpg

Now it's easy to disassemble, but I won't bother. There are very good pictures of the disassembled Orb in the following instruction sheet:

http://lummi.co.uk/docs/raw_manual_2.pdf

Last edited:

jlomein

Enlightened
Loved my Orb Raw NS Cree...still kind of sad that I sold it. I couldn't bear carrying it since I thought I might lose it, and I couldn't afford to keep it as a shelf queen.

I noticed your battery is black. I bought mine in March and it came with a blue battery. Is your battery protected/unprotected?

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't reccomend this one highly enough - I have one for my key chain and a second with 3 blue trits to keep in good condition.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Runtime (High Only)

A battery I charged last night and let sit all day.

The test was terminated manually (I didn't know how low I can let an unprotected battery get).

I don't know when I'll get around to doing the low mode. I log data manually, so I need several contiguous hours (not likely anytime soon).

OrbRawNS-Cree_RT_Hi.png

Last edited:

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
I upgraded an orb to Cree for somebody, so I became familiar with the circuitry.

Low is simply the tail of a resistor hanging out to make contact with the tail of the flashlight first. Then as you continue to turn, the resistor is bypassed for high, direct drive the emitter.

Is that disappointing? Not for me. The light is potentially more reliable because it doesn't have anything to break... no switch, no circuitry. The emitter doesn't get enough power to cook it because the battery is small capacity.

I've yet to do the runtime on low. This past weekend didn't work out for that.

phypaa

Newly Enlightened
Russianesq, what a great collection you, how you compare these great lights?

Russianesq

Enlightened
Russianesq, what a great collection you, how you compare these great lights?

I am into keychain lights, so the collection pictured represents that. The 2 lights pictured with dual levels are the Raw NS and the Draco.

The Raw NS and Draco are also the brightests lights of the bunch. :twothumbs

The only problem with Raw NS on keychain carry for me is that it is hard to place a split ring on the light.

Last edited: