Next Cool Fenix Light !?

Budman231

Enlightened
Anyone heard about what the next cool Fenix light might be coming down the road...?

I have a P2D-CE/L1D Combo light so can't imagine what may be coming that could be better than that. I really like the P2D size/bightness and the L1D body gives it the best of both worlds by allowing the use of common AA cells. :thumbsup: I Really enjoy the Fenix lights, but it seems that there is not much more they can do to top this combo. Maybe they could smooth out the beam rings and Knurl the body a bit...

Any opinions or facts that anyone can share ...?

BudMan

wintermute

Enlightened
I wish the L2D body was more like the L1D body...hex instead of all smooth. Other then that, use better bins as they come, and add a memory feature to the light...so you don't have to go through the other settings to get back where you were. Also, the flash before the flash so to speak - like the flash before it dims to low...it would be nice if they fixed that. Kinda a pain turning on low when it starts with a turbo flash first.

RV7

Newly Enlightened
Also, the flash before the flash so to speak - like the flash before it dims to low...it would be nice if they fixed that. Kinda a pain turning on low when it starts with a turbo flash first.

Interesting. My board had exactly the same issue. With some software tricks, it was fixed. No change to the circuit is required at all. I wander if Fenix has figured it out yet. :cool:

l1s125

Newly Enlightened
The release of the P1 CE has me hoping for an L1T CE with a MOP reflector.

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only format they haven't covered yet is the 2xAAA. With their expertise, I'm sure they could come up with a knock-'em-dead 2xAAA penlight. My guess would be a clickie tail cap, pocket clip, Cree, all the modes, and the typical twice the runtime and/or twice the brightness of the L0D-CE.

Or they'll think of something to surprise us all - as they have about 5 times now...

musicalfruit

Newly Enlightened
Full support for 14500s on the L1D-CE would be nice.

And if they can push out a model with the Q4/Q5 bins, that would be even better.

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
It'd be great if Fenix didn't introduce any new lights for a while, and focused on improving the lights they have now. Different reflectors, switch types, emitter colors, etc.

liquidsix

Enlightened
It would be cool if there digital (LxD) series lights could remember your last mode/stage. I'm not a fan of starting from the beginning every time. Adding that into a P3D with a Q5 cree would be awesome. They could call it "Special Edition" again...

moses

Enlightened
Fenix with single AA using a clickable turning head with six detents EXACTLY like the Spy 005. I think that will eventually show up on the market but not sure if it will be Fenix.

That would be the ultimate.

Mo

paulr

Flashaholic
I'd like a side by side 2aa light, sort of like a Spy. Also a tiny CR2 keychain light, like a shrunk down P1CE.

Last edited:

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like my L1D very much but dont use it (use the Cree modded 6P or T1 instead) because there is barely a difference between the three levels.

I m not going to get another Fenix (even when they finally offer an 18650 model), as long as they dont feature
REAL low - med - high
(30-50 mA --> 400-500 mA --> 900-1000 A draw from batt)

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
Just a thought however with the resources Fenix seems to have and their ability to be very quick to market maybe they should venture into the incandescent market. Imagine some of the slick Fenix designs with those incredible lamps from LumensFactory......interesting thought I believe.

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only format they haven't covered yet is the 2xAAA. With their expertise, I'm sure they could come up with a knock-'em-dead 2xAAA penlight. My guess would be a clickie tail cap, pocket clip, Cree, all the modes, and the typical twice the runtime and/or twice the brightness of the L0D-CE.

As nimble as Fenix is, they could probably design and begin producing a 2AAA light in a few months.

All it would need would be a new 2AAA body with tail clicky to screw into the existing LOD CE head. (Actually, they'd probably want to tweak the LOD CE head to lower the output levels for the 3 volt input.)

Another thing that would be a big winner for Fenix, is if they'd offer interchangable ninety-degree angle-heads for their lights.