LED identification

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there any website that has a list of a bunch of different emitters with pics and specs?

gandbag

Newly Enlightened
QUOTE: Is there any website that has a list of a bunch of different emitters with pics and specs?

Yes, the most famous archive on the 'net is the LED Museum! http://ledmuseum.home.att.net

It features reviews of flashlights and discrete LEDs complete with pictures, graphs, test results and hilarious commentary all done by Craig Johnson.

More detailed information can usually be found on the manufacturers' website, including detailed graphs of many characteristics. For instance, Lumileds.com has pictures of and datasheets for luxeon LEDs.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually I've checked the led museum, but couldn't quite find what I was looking for. I'm interested in finding out what type of leds that I have, but know nothing about brand or wattage.

CaptCarrot

Newly Enlightened
Don't know if it is of any use, I used to work for Maplin Electronics here in the UK, I spose you could call them an equivalent to Tandy. Anyway, they had some data sheets in their components section, so it may be worth while checking them, Tandy, Farnell or any of the other big suppliers of components.