Wrist watches

BT132435

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone even wear them anymore? I'm trying to justify myself for buying one, but i wouldn't even need it since i have a cell phone and i-pod which both can tell me the time.

alberto

Enlightened
Maybe I'm old school, but I couldn't imagine ever not wearing a watch -- although I've known people (well, one person) who didn't. I think there's a fundamental difference between having your time device attached to your body (watch band) versus having a cell phone that isn't. That must be important -- I think. Even in the days of pocket watches, there was always a chain.

iamerror

Enlightened
I wear a watch. I don't own a cell phone, but I even if I did I would still wear a watch. I have an interest in watches, now that I have started buying some. I started liking them more as I bought a (relatively) cheap Seiko automatic and began reading more about them.

IMTRBO

Newly Enlightened
Yeah I seriously think it's personal preference.

I've got some friends who do, and some who don't wear watches, although my observation is that it's usually the guys with the watches, not sure why the ladies are not really wearing them as much. :shrug:

I personally feel 'naked' without a watch. I find it much easier to just look at my wrist to tell the time rather than pulling out my phone.

:)

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have to have a watch, I'm also in the naked without one catagory. It helps that I have a fascination with timepieces, but I almost can't leave my house for the 2 minute mail-walk without one.

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree.. I forgot my everyday watch yesterday and didn't feel right all day!

Omega Man - www.watchuseek.com is making me really fascinated with WW's also!! Automatic, mechanical's are awesome!!!

:)

I have to have a watch, I'm also in the naked without one catagory. It helps that I have a fascination with timepieces, but I almost can't leave my house for the 2 minute mail-walk without one.

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I stopped wearing a watch after I quit a job that required service to the minute.

The biggest problem for me about wearing a watch is other people (without watches) asking for the time all the time. I don't want to be bothered for the time.\

I carry a cell phone, but when people ask if I know the time I almost always decline.

TCW 60

Newly Enlightened
I'am wearing every time a watch. The cellphone is more laying around at home. I do not like it to get a phone call everywhere.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Watches do more than just tell the time. They are a testament to human creation, they are art. And they are fashion and style :D ...

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast
Owning and using a nice watch is, like owning and using a nice flashlight, an real pleasure. My every day watch is a Tissot T-touch, my suit watch is a Oris Big Crown and my camping watch is a H3 Classic automatic - I would reccomend each of them without hesitation.

My dream is below;
http://www.giulianomazzuoli.com/manometro_strength.html

Kiessling - you is a man of fine taste - what you think?

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only brief time in my day when I don't wear a watch is while showering. It is also a time when I don't mind feeling naked... :cool:

I have a Traser which I use only during the night and I change watch quite often, sometimes more than once per day. I simply love them. :kiss:

I hate to say this here but you might occasionally see me around without a flashlight but never without a watch. :eek:

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe it's just me, but I've found my cell phone battery dead FAR more often than my watch battery..

I've worn a watch constantly since elementary school. I don't switch watches until I feel the need to do so - right now I'm wearing a Traser h3 titanium dive watch..

stockae92

Enlightened
on occation, i would forgot to take my cell phone with me when i am heading out

but i have never forgot to put on a watch before heading out :)

a watch tells more than just time ;-)

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
I never put my watch down from my hand - I wouldn't leave the home without it. It's much easier and faster for me to look at the watch than on the cell phone.

paulr

Flashaholic
I'm sort of a watch buff but these days I haven't been wearing one. I mostly wear Casio plastic digital watches and the straps keep breaking, and the little holes that hold the spring pins get worn so the pins pop out and the strap falls off. I don't really like the cold feeling of steel watches on my wrist. I suppose I might get a titanium one someday.

I do usually carry a cell phone in my pocket, but powered off most of the time, since I don't use it much and I don't like having to keep recharging it. I power it up if I need to call someone or if I'm expecting a call (e.g. to meet someone someplace). I find that I occasionally power it up to check the time. I wish I could get a cell phone powered by AA NiMH cells instead of damn special-purpose batteries but that's a different rant.

Of course most occasions when I care what time it is are at home (I have an led clock) or at work (the computer on my desk shows the time in the task bar) so I rarely need a portable timepiece.