Swimming Pool Robot Cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast

Unfortunately I spend most of my limited time cleaning the swimming pool instead of swimming in it...

A bradford Pear tree provides plenty of vegetation (algae) for my pool to absorb...

(pic just after cover taken off after winter...)
IMG_0287Small.jpg

Just ordered a Robotic Aquabot T2 Turbo automatic In-ground swimming pool cleaner. I have no separate suction line, only skimmer line, so decided on Aquabot T2 Turbo (no remote) dedicated cleaning unit (doesn't use pool filter to clean as it has it's own) Unit plugs in and has a transformer (DC) power supply for safety. Separate 2 micron trash bag captures leaves & acorn, etc and the tracks/jets clean the walls and floors of the whole pool automatically in 1 hr... Advantages claimed are it cuts pool pump time way down and chemical use quite a bit...

www.aquasuperstore.com

$1300.00
aquabot-turbo-t2.jpg

Anyone have any experience or advise on an automatic robot swimming pool cleaning solution...

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
..not trying to be smartass but what we're talking about is removing algae from the pool walls right? so what's wrong with a little algae? I understand alot of algae will eventually deprive itself of enough oxygen and die and rot and stink, but a little will just thrive and look green..
In my outdoor 100 gallon fish-tub, the algae grows albeit slowly since the container is 2/3 in shade, once in a while I need to remove the excess strands of algae, which is easy to do; just run my hand through the water and grab a handful and pull, it gathers itself up like wool and comes out in long 'ropes' ..
..another alternative to an expensive 'bot might be sme sort of friendly sucker fish to clean the excess wall algae..and while you're at it, that is, achieving an ecological balance between sun, plant, and animal life in the pool, why not build a pond? you could keep it clean with a manatee, or two ;)

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
In my experience, algae blooms are a sign of misadjusted chemistry in the pool. Mostly pH, but also chlorine levels. Usually, it's my recommendation to keep the pH low; the disinfecting reaction of the chlorine raises the pH over time. (In very rare cases the pH goes down, which seems to be related to weather.)

To get rid of algae that are already there, there's nothing else but scrubbing them off, and clean the filter more often.

Closely monitoring the pH and chlorine (and don't be cheap on the chemicals, it's the price for a clean pool) usually keeps algae in check. Covering the pool when not in use with a dark(!) cover also helps.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Keeping a pool looking good is about regular (daily) subtle balance rather than reactionary panic overdosing.
Yes, you have to find the balance that works for your pool and the use it sees - the surroundings and how much use it gets by how many.
Also, this balance shall take into consideration the weather which is something that can catch you out I know.

As already suggested, check the pool often (daily), and cover it at night.

I hope you get it sorted!

Al

Last edited:

stephenmadpotato

Enlightened
Hi, my parents have owned a pool for 15 years. A robot cleaner has little to no affect on algae. The best thing to do is shock the hell out of it and regulate chlorine levels. Also keep the filter running constantly. Don't use too much or you may ruin you're liner and pump. My father uses something called the polaris. It was top rated in consumer reports and it is very reliable and works well.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a retired pool operator and have used crawlers very much like that one. Health code regulations required constant chemical checks so we never had algae, but it will keep the pool clean which will help just about everything.

Make sure the power cord doesn't get tied up in knots so the robot can clean on its own - keep up on cleaning out the robot's filter and bag and you'll be suprised how much it picks up..

barkingmad

Enlightened
Pretty sure I have seen people using bright UV bulbs in part of the filter to remove / reduce algae etc.? Was probably for a pond pump but would have thought it is similar for a pool?

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast

Really, Not too many Problems with Algie Levels!!!

The 1st above pic was after the pool was covered for 6 months of winter...

I've been running the pool for 4 years after paying $150 for two years prior with two seperate pool services.

I taught myself how to handle a swimming pool after reading the book "What Color is Your Swimming Pool" by John O'Keefe

This is a very straight forward and simple guide to Trouble-Free Pool Maintenance... Very well written for the LayMan... Teaching a comprehensive approach to pool balancing and maintianance...

The main problem I'm having is debree removal. ( I am about to trim the tree above to help with the problem...)

IMG_1998.jpg

IMG_1997.jpg

IMG_2000.jpg

IMG_1999.jpg

IMG_2001.jpg

IMG_2002.jpg

Cleaned and Vacuumed!!!
IMG_2005.jpg

Fedex shipping Today 7/19/2007!!!
t2-cleaner-1.jpg

Hopefully

Cleaning the pool will get easier & more efficient

Stand by for Videos of the ROBOT in Action!!!

Cheers!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts