re: SBSO Deputy / USAF Security Officer shooting

Samuel

Enlightened
re: SBSO Deputy / USAF Security Officer shooting

Edited as directed - will post again when a public article is located.

Last edited:

WNG

Enlightened
Re: SBSO Deputy / USAF Security Officer shooting

So what's your point of this post? It's a one-sided POV statement for the defense.

It reads like another defense attorney's statement on how innocent and upstanding the defendant is and justifiable reasoning and excuse for his actions.
Bottom line, emotions got the better of his training.

A cop in the heat of the moment got away with using excessive deadly force.
End of story.

People have heard this stuff before. And these cases aren't rare.
The call it Friendly Fire in the US military.

Empath

Flashaholic

Samuel, this is very interesting, and we'd likely all wish to freely view the copy. Unfortunately it appears, particularly from the print in the footer, that such unauthorized publication in full is a violation of their copyrights. It is also a violation of our rules.

Please condense it down to about a 100 words, or a short paragraph and provide a link to an authorized copy if possible. If it's not possible, the thread will be removed following a reasonable period of time for your corrections.

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well, I do appreciate the article... Since the cop was found not guilty by a jury--it is more than just a one sided view of the situation.

Every news report I had read was AirForce Officer was shot by cop--caught on tape... No other details (drinking, drunk at over 2x the legal limit, speeding, assault with a deadly weapon--car, wreck, etc.).

-Bill

Samuel

Enlightened

Samuel, this is very interesting, and we'd likely all wish to freely view the copy. Unfortunately it appears, particularly from the print in the footer, that such unauthorized publication in full is a violation of their copyrights. It is also a violation of our rules.

Please condense it down to about a 100 words, or a short paragraph and provide a link to an authorized copy if possible. If it's not possible, the thread will be removed following a reasonable period of time for your corrections.

Hi Empath - sorry about that! I can't find a public link right now. Please remove the thread - will post again if/when I find a public article. Thanks.

Last edited:

Samuel

Enlightened

Well, I do appreciate the article... Since the cop was found not guilty by a jury--it is more than just a one sided view of the situation.

Every news report I had read was AirForce Officer was shot by cop--caught on tape... No other details (drinking, drunk at over 2x the legal limit, speeding, assault with a deadly weapon--car, wreck, etc.).

-Bill

Hi Bill, thanks.

To All - A while back, there was a relatively lengthy thread related to this shooting. I wasn't sure if everyone who knew about the incident or took part in that discussion was aware of the latest news. I was hoping the added info would provide some interesting reading for those of you who were reasonable enough to wait until knowing more/all of the facts before drawing conclusions. It will be interesting to see if the Deputy will be held civilly liable or not...

Samuel

Enlightened

So what's your point of this post? It's a one-sided POV statement for the defense.

It reads like another defense attorney's statement on how innocent and upstanding the defendant is and justifiable reasoning and excuse for his actions.
Bottom line, emotions got the better of his training.

A cop in the heat of the moment got away with using excessive deadly force.
End of story.

People have heard this stuff before. And these cases aren't rare.
The call it Friendly Fire in the US military.

Whatever. :rolleyes:

Empath

Flashaholic

Unfortunately, what Samuel wants to share is available as a newsletter sent to registered members, and isn't readily available yet on the web. You can do a search of "Ivory Webb Jr." in Google News, and there are several accounts of the trial, verdict, and opinions.

cchurchi

Enlightened

The basic moral of the story is: Comply with law enforcement instructions or risk getting shot. If I'm ever in a situation where a cop has unholstered his weapon and is pointing it at my head, I am for dang sure going to follow his instructions nice and slowly!