Innovative and high-quality Rofis flashlight

Thread: EVER-LED competition?

Flashaholic*

Default EVER-LED competition?

Recently enjoyed a thread about the EVER-LED module, and a "similar" product by another company. EVER-LED is here:
    www.leddynamics.com/EverLED/? ; can anyone point me to the other product? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img] (not quite up to speed on the new look of our forum)

Default Re: EVER-LED competition?

You may be talking of this thread.

The lamps are available at http://www.ledcorp.com

Hmmm, would be neat to have a little first-ever CPF-sanctioned, "lux-off" between these two products...

Flashaholic*

Empath:
    Thanks so much for the links. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Is it me, or is the LED-CORP websit a bit confusing? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Clicking on EPI-2W, or 3W, or 4W brings up the exact same specs. Do all three of these items produce about the same brightness, simply being "geared" to different input voltages? I saw no lumen or CP ratings for any of them. Are these the Luxeons? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif[/img]

Mr.Bulk:
    Neat to see a photo posted. And an official LUX-OFF would be great! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

They are Luxeons, but I'm not the one to give you any positive feedback on them.

Flashaholic

Here is information I received from LEDSupply today about questions I had regarding the EverLED:

1) The product will be shipping mid march and we will be accepting pre orders within the next week. I can add you to the email update list
    if youd like.

2) Initialy the product will only be available in side emitter, however we may expand to high dome at a later date.

3)The EverLED will work up to 9 volts in any configuration or with any kind of battery. ( pretty cool, huh )
    You do not need to specify the voltage

4) It will be luck of the draw, sorry. This question was about luxeon quality

5)Initial product retail price will be $39.95. As with all new technologies I expect the price will come down at some future date, however
    that depends on market acceptance and volume. Not for a while is a safe bet.

6) Thermal management of the bulb is in the design, no matter how long you use it for and it will not affect the LED. This question was about heatsinking issues.

As far as Answer number 1: that response is from LEDSupply, so if you want to be added to an email update list, contact LEDSupply, not me. Thanks.

Pre-orders for the Ever-Led are now being taken.

http://www.ledsupply.com/evflbu.html

Flashaholic*

I have a dumb question:

I was just assuming that both of these products were the 1 watt Luxeon.

However, are they the 5 watter?

This would be VERY INTERESTING if they were!

They are 1 watt Luxeons.

From what I understand of the LED Dynamics EverLed, it is voltage regulated. I have read it can be used with several battery combinations, so it may have a buck/boost circuit. If this is so, it is quite different from the Ledcorp product it is in competition with, which seems to be merely resistored (am I wrong here?).

I have been promised I'd be sent one for my evaluation. So I can measure temperature, voltage drop, run times, etc.

I had a LEDCorp LS drop in once, being lent to me for evaluation. Seems to me it is resistored, not regulated.

The LED Dynamics product comes in 6 colors. One Everled fits multiple battery combinations, as opposed to the Epieon, which has 3 different units, for either 2,3,4 batteries. The Everled can be used in a range of 1 to 6 batteries. I'd say the LED Dynamics product is superior to the LEDcorp product, wouldn't you?

Oh, also notice the EverLed uses a side emitter, thus working with a reflector much better.

Wayne j

Flashaholic

What's funny to me is that the image that they have of the bulbs shows the "light" shooting out of the top of the side emitting bulbs. I guess that's marketing for you.

Is the side emitter really better for reflectors? I mean, I can't imagine it working better than the lambertian on the Epieon in a Mag reflector, so why do I keep seeing it said that SEs are better?

Do they work with non-mag reflectors better?

[ QUOTE ]
    radellaf said:
    Is the side emitter really better for reflectors? I mean, I can't imagine it working better than the lambertian on the Epieon in a Mag reflector, so why do I keep seeing it said that SEs are better?

Do they work with non-mag reflectors better?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I ever manage to get one of each, I'll do a side by side comparison.

From what Ive seen, the Garrity reflector (like in the Ozark Trail) works better than the Mag reflector.

Wayne j

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/ubb...;Number=197331

Well, Mr. Bulk posted some beam pictures from a SE and an HD and, well...they're both fine, HD has less sidespill.

Bottom of this one has HD Epieon beamshots:
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/ubb...p;Number=84675

Flashaholic

Led Supply says the EverLed is now shipping. Please post results when any of you get them. Please state the color you got, type of light it is used in and beam shots if you got them along with overall impressions.

Thanks