Calling all you HID experts, please!!!

Pokerstud

Enlightened
When my wife gets better, and I get back on my feet, I am going to get into the HID arena, but I am a novice in this field. I am looking at a couple of lights now to get my feet wet. My first purchase will be an entry level investment due to initial budget constraints.

The WE Boxer 10W/123X:

http://www.pts-flashlights.com/products/product.aspx?pid=1-17-74-6231&tb=1

I like the Wolf Eye products, and I really like dealing with Mike at PTS, he is a stand up guy.

I would appreciate your expert thoughts and advice.

Bob

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
The W-E 10W/123X is a great small 10W HID light at a great price: <$200 with CPF discount. The closest small 10W HID competitor is the M-F T500 @ $330, which is a lot more! http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=165344 It depends if you like the short, fat type with batteries next to each other (W-E) or the long, thin type with the batteries in row (M-F).

Last edited:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Bob, probably the next steps of good value/money would be the Amondo L30/35 HID, or the Acro X990, or the new AE Xenide. From those "affordable" HID's I think your next step is the XeRay 50W powerhouse, or for a more stylish (and expensive) one of the Polarions. Look at the shootouts in the Pinned thread....they are getting old now, but still gives some good comparisons.

Patriot

Flashaholic
I'm not an expert either, but I can say that I prefer the AE-24/s over my WE-Boxer. It just seems to be better made. I'm also very happy with the X990 and it seems hard to beat considering the output vs. price. The Costco's and Sam's are nice too, but they don't get used as often because of their size. I'm definately a fan of portability.

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Wolf Eyes 123X that I purchased from PTS and found it to be a great light at a nice price. Warms up fast, easy on batteries, compact and extremely bright!

I also have a Microfire K2000R and it is slightly longer and heavier than the 123X. Bezel and body diameters are roughly the same.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone know of or have any beamshots of a new Boxer or Shark? I'd like to see what the beam looks like when opened a little vs tight spot.