Cree Mod Service for L1D/L2D/P1D/P2D/P3D/P1-CE

phypaa

Newly Enlightened
Great! Thanks 4sevens, the Fenix store now provides this great service!!!:twothumbs
Mod to Q2 or Q5

Last edited:

lumenal

Enlightened
Am I missing something here? :shrug:

All those mentioned lights have a Cree already.

What type of mod service is being offered for these lights?

wintermute

Enlightened
Am I missing something here? :shrug:

All those mentioned lights have a Cree already.

What type of mod service is being offered for these lights?

Those lights come with a Cree P4 - you are getting an upgrade to a Cree Q5 - and if I do say so myself...the upgrade from P4 to Q4 was astounding! I highly recommend the service if you are unfamiliar with modding flashlights otherwise.

All the best in your upgrades!!

Last edited:

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great! Thanks 4sevens, the Fenix store now provides this great service!!!:twothumbs
Mod to Q2 or Q5

Thanks for the heads-up. I couldn't find this on the Fenixstore website, but then it's been a long week.......

Would you pls. direct me to it or provide a link?

Thanks.

SaVaGe

Enlightened
when they say cree P4 to Q5 is it brighter? longer battery time? better tint?

also, when i go to the store and click the cree upgrade / mod for $40, this means per light right? (im planning on buying P1d cree, L2d, P3d, and special edition P1d all in one shot):thumbsup:. all i have to do is write a memo to tell them which light i want to be modded???

any reply will be appreciated. im buying the mentioned light this coming sunday.

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks, Ernie. Don't know how I missed it, but, like I said....a long week.

I have been impressed with my stock P3D CE, esp. the turbo mode. I can imagine the Q5 version would be a real treat, but, by the time I buy the service, buy the Q5, and ship it, I've more than doubled the original P3D price. I know it'll be great, but I'm a "value investor" (read: cheap), so I'll wait a bit. Good things are definitely coming our way, though, and thanks to David for being on the cutting edge! :thumbsup:

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
The price seemed too high to me at first, but now that I think about, he's soldering Crees, not Seouls. With that in mind, $40 is a bargain.

wintermute

Enlightened
The price seemed too high to me at first, but now that I think about, he's soldering Crees, not Seouls. With that in mind, $40 is a bargain.

Not to mention that working with the itty bitty wires can be a pain in those lights. For those unfamiliar with the problems that can arise from doing it yourself, please see this post.

$40 for the labor of getting that head apart (a very difficult process, even if you know how to do it correctly) - cleaning up the housing where the new Cree sits - installing and soldering the new Cree in - etc. This is a good value for those with limited modding experience. Also, the person wanting this mod probably does not have the Arctic Alumina adhesive needed for this job, which will cost you $7-10 bucks including shipping. I did this mod myself, but I have worked with flashlights for years and I still thought it was a pain in the butt. Someone else might ruin their light trying to do the same thing. $40 is a good price overall.