Hyperion CE-R

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anybody have or know anything about this light, Hyperion CE-R.

Looks like a Jet Beam CL-E but use a CR123A or 16340 Battery.

Twistie.

Has the same UI.

Type III Hard Anodize.

$27.00 + $3.00 shipping.

Sold by Super Tactical, http://www.supertactical.com/unlimitshop/product_info.php?cPath=1_34&products_id=93

cer3cv0.jpg

bspofford

Enlightened
Does anybody have or know anything about this light, Hyperion CE-R.

Looks like a Jet Beam CL-E but use a CR123A or 16340 Battery.

Twistie.

Has the same UI.

Type III Hard Anodize.

$27.00 + $3.00 shipping.

Sold by Super Tactical, http://www.supertactical.com/unlimitshop/product_info.php?cPath=1_34&products_id=93

cer3cv0.jpg
I ordered one this morning and will let you know what I think about it when it arrives. My last shipment from Supertactical took about three weeks to get to me.

LightScene

Enlightened
The modes are the same as the P1D-CE. If this one works on all modes with a 16340, then it's the new king, especially at half the price of a Fenix.

Geode

Enlightened
I just ordered one too, and will post comments after taking it for a test drive. Price shipped was $32, pretty darned reasonable if the light is as advertised.

SunnyQueensland

Enlightened
Hyperion Multi-level 140 lumen OP Flashlight $35 (PICS) Anyone have one?

Does anyone have any first hand comments on one of these flashlights? (edit; It has been pointed out to me by a fellow CPF member that they are even cheaper here with worldwide postage for only $3.00) Seems like a pretty good deal. I like the OP reflector myself.

Specs from Lighthounds site...

Hyperion CE-R Cree LED Flashlight

1xCR123 battery - 5 Levels
New Cree LED Flashlight, excellent fit and finish, 5 levels including strobe and SOS.
Features:
  • Using Cree P4 LED and reflector, fixed focus
  • Surface: Type III hard anodized finish, highly durable
  • 5 Output Levels: 60 lumens -> 30 lumens -> 140 lumens -> Strobe(15Hz) -> SOS
  • Water-resistant 10 meters
  • Uses one CR123A or RCR123 Rechargeable battery
  • Reliable twist switch
  • Size - 6.9cm L, 2cm diameter
  • Weight: 35 g (excluding batteries)
  • LED: CREE 7090 XR-E
  • Reflector: orange peel finish
  • Body: T6061 aluminum CNC processing, HA III Natural finish
  • Voltage: 0.8V - 4.2V
  • Flat bottom for Tailstand
hypcer-full.jpg

hypcer2-full.jpg

hypcer5-full.jpg

Last edited:

AWGD8

Newly Enlightened
Pls. post a review once you guys get the light. I do like the design.

P4 Cree? I wonder if this light is modder friendly?

Does a P4 cree has a better tint than Q2 or Q5 ?

I`m gonna get this light if the review is +.:thumbsup:

mmmflashlights

Enlightened
Of course I find this light a couple days after I ordered a Jetbeam CL-E...:p

Looks good, and I'm assuming that it's very similar to a CL-E with more output on high.

RebelXTNC

Enlightened
I ordered one from Super Tactical on Sunday night. I had tried to order from Lighthound but adding it to my shopping cart indicated they didn't have enough to fill my quantity of one...
Hopefully it won't take too long to arrive and I'll give my impressions then. The machining certainly looks cool in the pictures!

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow... just saw this thread and pulled the trigger. :ohgeez:

If they made a CR2 light with a head the size of the CL-E, it would be my ideal light. It would have to accept primary and rechargeable cells, of course.

mmmflashlights

Enlightened
Wow... just saw this thread and pulled the trigger. :ohgeez:

If they made a CR2 light with a head the size of the CL-E, it would be my ideal light. It would have to accept primary and rechargeable cells, of course.

Even better yet, they should just update the circuit of the CL-E to properly handle 3.7V batteries, then they can sell CR2 and 2 AA battery tubes. I suppose you could even make CR123 and 18650 tubes, but it would look odd and be overly complicated because of their width.

This Hyperion light lists support from 1.0-4.2V, if that's actually true then I hope they can also handle AA cells and boost the voltage for them. Having a AA tube would be nice, but if it supports AA and they don't sell a tube I might try making one for it.

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is a really nice looking light! I like the small no nonsense form factor. If it has a decent regulator/converter it will be a killer light. I think this will be one to add to the collection. However, I like the Jetbeam remember last mode feature and wonder if this has it.

I also wonder if the Cr123 Jetbeam that is supposed to come out is not almost the exact same light since there seems to be a lot of copycat of the type of jetbeam lights (a lot of similar offerings from DX). Looking forward to reviews.

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks great. That nice looking checkering is what people want for a good grip.

x2x3x2

Banned
Pls. post a review once you guys get the light. I do like the design.

P4 Cree? I wonder if this light is modder friendly?

Does a P4 cree has a better tint than Q2 or Q5 ?

I`m gonna get this light if the review is +.:thumbsup:

Hiya, the P4 bin is mostly related to output intensity. The Q bins being brighter, followed by the as yet unavailable R bins.
Tints have a seperate bin code which are usually something like WO or HO. They didn't specify the tint so it could be anything.

Take this image from their site for example. Its a reel of Q2 bin in WC tint.
According to the chromaticity chart, the WC tint should give a pure white with some variations of slightly cool cyan tint.
However, I just received one of their UltraFire Alpha C1 (review up soon) with these LEDs, and the tint is actually kinda warm/yellow.
So I'm not sure if they are really using WC tint emitters in these.

DT20077119453052.jpg

Last edited: