Mr.X (AMAZING)

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all
For every New light that I like and receive, It's almost mandatory I have to make a thread about It. :eek:

This Flashlight Is called 'Mr.X'. This Is one serious bright light and a piece of CPF history.

Powered only by 1 X3TW Bin Luxeon V that Is a serious overacheiver.(Like all Mr.X's)

6xAAs power this beast (Rechargeables) work best, although lithiums and Alkalines work also.

It has a nifty little thing, a DD Indicator that indicates when the light has fallen out of Regulation.

Considering this is about 3 Years old, and IS THE BRIGHTEST SINGLE LED FLASHLIGHT I'VE COME SEE OR ACQUIRED.

Pushing out approx. 300 or more Bulb lumens, destroys my Milky L2 Seoul @ 1000mA (240lm)

It's a little large, but It's just too cool. Throws quite well, although Luxeon V's are not meant to throw.

I have It equipped with a Medium Orange Peel reflector for a smooth beam.

It gives me more than 1 hour of regulated output, on 6 Duracell 2650mAh's.

Just thought I'd bump this beaut, and show off a little cpf History.

READ MORE ABOUT IT HERE -----> https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/26886&page=1&pp=40

flashlights1003qw2.jpg

Unbelievable X Bin LED :eek:oo:

flashlights1004ip1.jpg

BEAMSHOTS

Milky L2 Seoul USVOH @ 1000mA

flashlights1002re0.jpg

Mr.X :naughty:

flashlights1001lh3.jpg

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm glad that you like your new light but,
don't to forget, you are speaking about a SSC, driven at specs compared to a LuxV overdriven?
Beside the fact of the rated lifetime differences of 500hours (driven at specs) to 50000 hours.

Best regards

____
Tom

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is that 500 hours for the SSC driven at specs?

I'm glad that you like your new light but,
don't to forget, you are speaking about a SSC, driven at specs compared to a LuxV overdriven?
Beside the fact of the rated lifetime differences of 500hours (driven at specs) to 50000 hours.

Best regards

____
Tom

paulr

Flashaholic
It's amazing that the 3-year-old X-bin LuxV still has not been equalled by the latest Cree and SSC leds in lumen output.

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
so if it's such an amazing, bright, rare light, why are you trying to trade it away?

I myself am not really a maglite fan, It's very bright and quite special for obvious reasons.

I'm not going to EDC it, I might as well give It up to somebody that will use It frequently and or put It to good use.

As far as me, I buy lights and sell em' or trade them.
I've never kept a light longer than 1 year, no Mcgizmo's, Surefire's, Milkyspit lights or other.
just my style

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I
I've never kept a light longer than 1 year, no Mcgizmo's, Surefire's, Milkyspit lights or other.
just my style

Y'all take it easy on 'ol Skalo! :tinfoil:

Thats his trade mark, he gets lights and trades em or sells them! Heck, Ive seen Skalo sell a light before he even got it from Milky! :laughing:

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
I myself am not really a maglite fan, It's very bright and quite special for obvious reasons.

I'm not going to EDC it, I might as well give It up to somebody that will use It frequently and or put It to good use.

just my style

gottya, sorry if I came across as a little abrasive. I was genuinely curious since if I had a MR X I would probably not give it up. Then again I do horde lights... :naughty:

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
gottya, sorry if I came across as a little abrasive. I was genuinely curious since if I had a MR X I would probably not give it up. Then again I do horde lights... :naughty:

Well, guess I'm guilty of that myself. I bought a MR-X in the original presale... in fact, got the very first one to reach North America... and though I kept it and cherished it... and yes, used it on occasion, too... about a year ago I finally sold it. That was around the same time I had started building the Project-M family of lights, and it seemed I finally might have a chance of equaling the MR-X performance... truth be told, even today it may well be the brightest single-emitter light ever made... and given its age plus the ridiculous pace of LED progress the past few years, that's saying something! :eek:oo:

Hat's off to Hotbeam and Burnt_Retinas, the pair of geniuses from Down Under responsible for that feat!
:bow: :bow: