Best clicky switch ?

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just wondering what is the best clicky switch you have found ?This question includes forward and reverse clickies no twisties though.My collection includes several Fenix,INOVA,MAG and various inexpensive lights.Considering all my lights I can't ever remember a switch failing even one time on a MAG C or D cell light.I have had a MAG light far longer than any other clicky switch light.This is not to say other switches were bad but MAG's switch really seems to work well.I have one Maglight 3D that is at least 16 years old and the original switch still works fine. :grin2:

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened
Have had a Mag D clicky fail on me, had the light in the trunk in my car, didnt work after that. some glitch from moist. Contact spray didnt fix it so I sold it :(

Havent had any failure with any of my SF lights yet. Thought the switch on my L4 did get stuck in on position once, fixed it by taking it apart.

So far I have used my P2D the most, and havent had any isssues yet.

Robban

Enlightened
On the lights I currently have ranging from high end to low strangely enough I think the switch on the Q3's have the best feel. Problem is they're reverse clickies but the feel of them still is the best to me. After that I'd go with HDS EDC and after that L4.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Brinkmann Maxfire LX = Best forward clickie, hands down. :twothumbs

Sakkath

Newly Enlightened
The best forward clickie switch imho is the Pelican "Mitylite Plus 2AA LED", though the output is junk.

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have experience with the Surefire's clickie, Z57,Z61,Z48,SW02 but McGizmo's McClicky is the most fluid/firm/precise action TC i've encountered...

cm048

Newly Enlightened
Definitely not easy to pick the best one, I think one of the best tactical clickie is McClicky.

On the other hand, I am more than certain that the worst clickie is SF U2. Mine was jammed right out of the factory seal box. You can find a number of complains in CPF.

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mag switches have been pretty good.
Of the three McClickies I have...they are going strong. Same with the HDS if you call it a true clicky.