Malkoff Devices Cree Q2 P60 drop-in (video now available)

grnamin

Enlightened
I retrieved my package from Gene today. Unable to wait for night, I slapped the module into my G2Z and tried it in a darkened room. Here's what I found:

[FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Likes:[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]1) The beam is much nicer than that of my Wolf Eyes D26 Cree HO module, tighter spot, nice spill, longer throw.[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]2) The beam is warmer than the WE, and I like the warmer beam.[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]3) The reflector is deeper than the WE, hence the tighter beam.[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]4) It's brighter than the WE (advertised at 170 lumens) :)[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Dislikes:[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]1) It doesn't fit in a Vital Gear F2 head. :( Hmmm... maybe a litte narrowing of the module cylinder will work... :D[/FONT]

Here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nun0aO1lzB8

Last edited:

Enlightened
Re: Malkoff Devices Cree Q2 P60 drop-in

Dangit! Did I miss another run of Gene's stuff!?! I swore I checked every day. I didn't even get an email. boo.

BytorJr

Newly Enlightened

I know it may be stretching it, but will this drop in work with a 9P? It's right at 9v and I don't know the tolerance.

Thanks.

grnamin

Enlightened

I know it may be stretching it, but will this drop in work with a 9P? It's right at 9v and I don't know the tolerance.

Thanks.

I'm running it on 2xR123 that top off at 4v each. Rats! Not dark enough outside yet. :D

Enlightened

wooowoooo! Just ordered one. Thanks Gene! This will be Malkoff P60 drop-in #2 for me. I absolutely LOVE the P60 SSC module. I'm sure the new Cree modules are just as nice. :twothumbs

SaVaGe

Enlightened

im very interested!! quick question though, i know that the P60 drop in fits in Z2, C2, G2Z, G2, 6P, and D2 surefire lights. Would it fit in the M2??? its similar to the C2 except its a little longer due to the shock isolation system. but i think they are the same bezel diameter.

hope it does cause ill definately get 1 :sigh::sigh:

Enlightened

im very interested!! quick question though, i know that the P60 drop in fits in Z2, C2, G2Z, G2, 6P, and D2 surefire lights. Would it fit in the M2??? its similar to the C2 except its a little longer due to the shock isolation system. but i think they are the same bezel diameter.

hope it does cause ill definately get 1 :sigh::sigh:

It should.. I threw in a DX Cree module into a friend's M2 tonight and it fired right up. IIRC Gene is using a DX reflector set with his own internals. Same size.

Enlightened
Just ordered my second Cree module from Gene. Can't wait to get them!! I thought one was going to be enough. Time to order another host body!! :devil:

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast

I Just put 4 more up on the website.

Gene

Gene, how serious are you about that birthday information on your website ? I usually don't like posting that kind of information for identity theft reasons. Usually I see a generic "I'm over 21" check box on websites. I'm not worried so much about you, but any other people involved in your website hosting, software authors, ISP, etc.

Gene43

Enlightened

Hmm, I'll have to check with the webmaster. I personally don't care about anyone's birthday. Other than its not a kid sneaking the parents' credit card.