Lights lend a helping hand

trumpetmarksman

Newly Enlightened
I recently used my lights to help out two motorists at night. One lady's battery died, and the lights came in handy when we were hooking up the jumper cables. The other lady had been drinking too much and got her car stuck in a shallow ditch on the side of the road.

Here's what I found:

- Headlamps are great to keep in your car! Mine (PT EOS) allowed me to see clearly while hooking up jumper cables.
- Incans have the advantage over LEDS when peering into the recesses of an engine trying to find a place to clamp a cable; my G2 gave better color rendition than the EOS.
- Powerful lights with good batteries are worth the cash. Another guy who was helping dead battery lady had a 2D maglight; the G2 and EOS allowed us to see much better.
- Keychain lights: always have one, and you'll always have a light on you. I'm happy with my LRI X-Light.
- Always have spare lights in your car. That way you can give one to a companion, leaving your hands free to do something else.

Most importantly, be willing to help other people out. If nothing else, showing that you care will ease their tension, even if you can't help them yourself. There's too much passivity and lack of concern for others these days. If you're gonna carry a flashlight, be willing to use it!

trumpetmarksman

Newly Enlightened
She didn't drive anymore. My girlfriend and I drove her home; I drove the lady in her car, and my girlfriend drove my car. It worked out all right, but I hope she didn't fall over in her house after we left...she seemed a little wobbly...

alberto

Enlightened
Great story. It just proves you can't have too many flashlights, and that one light can't do everything.

I usually have at least two in the car glove box, one in my pocket, one on my keychain, and at least a couple in whatever case or bag I'm carrying in the car. And sometimes I feel I don't have enough.

Ninjaz7

Enlightened
I bought 8 led flashlights for 8 bucks shipped off fleabay...gave them out as presents to friends and family,everyone has a tale to tell of how the flashlight saved them in a non emergency fashion,I've always tried to carry some type of light....In montana I got dropped off up the street from a friends house visiting and it was pitch black,survived by a led key light that was blue,I started off the road and torwards the woods until I stopped and located it on my keychain...you'd be surprised how a 99 cent led that was blue shined like a beacon to navigate me back to the road.....the moral is "Always carry a light of some degree,it'll save you in one fashion or another,maybe even your life"gl and be safe out there:twothumbs