Is it the electronic?

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
This may not be saying much, but I took a smoked AA cell out of my RiverRock unit an place it in a Coast DigiTac1. I got almost 3hrs usable light out of that thing! If we could get the right bin# with the right electronics, it would be a bad #%!*& light! IMHO

chiphead

half-watt

Flashlight Enthusiast
This may not be saying much, but I took a smoked AA cell out of my RiverRock unit an place it in a Coast DigiTac1. I got almost 3hrs usable light out of that thing! If we could get the right bin# with the right electronics, it would be a bad #%!*& light! IMHO

chiphead

both the DigiTac I and DigiTac II sure can drain the batteries down, in my experience.

two points worth noting:

first, when the light out of either becomes too, too dim, or it stops producing light. turn it off, if it's on, and wait a bit and allow the batt to cool. it will recover some voltage and once again power up the light for a while.

second, at some point in doing this procedure, the batt will become so drained that if you turn it off and allow it to recover, the voltage will still be too low to power up the light, BUT if one allows it to run without turning it off, it will continue to run for a while longer. the point here is that the minimum TURN-ON voltage needs to be HIGHER than the minimum RUNNING voltage.

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good point! But when my backsides are hanging out, I'd like to get the last few miliamps out of my cells. I've been reading about new chips coming out that will do that very thing. The future is going to be... interesting.

chiphead