What's latest version/firmware/model for Maha C9000?

Face

Enlightened
Hi,

I'm thinking about buying a C9000 in the near future and would like to know what the latest revision/model number is so that I can check that I'm not getting an old version.

I saw someone mention 0G0D01 fairly recently - is this the latest? Also, where is this information found? Is it on a label on the bottom of the unit?

As always, many thanks,

Face

cam94z28

Newly Enlightened
As far as i know, the current revision is still 0G0D01.

I received one from thomas distributing about 2 weeks ago, and it was this revision. It will be printed on the bottom of the unit near the bottom of the sticker.

I believe the 0F0 revision is the one that had all the problems.

Last edited:

europium

Enlightened
As far as i know, the current revision is still 0G0D01.

I received one from thomas distributing about 2 weeks ago, and it was this revision. It will be printed on the bottom of the unit near the bottom of the sticker.

I believe the 0F0 revision is the one that had all the problems.
I got a C9000 a few days ago directly from MAHA. It is also version 0G0D01.

Eu

lampthis

Newly Enlightened
Just received mine today, revision number on it is 0G0E01.
Wonder whats been changed on it.

cam94z28

Newly Enlightened
I'm guessing they fixed the bug where cycle 1 (in cycle mode) repeats the same two numbers for the first slot, among other things. If they ever go back to 1 hour wait instead of two between the charge/discharge modes, I'll be wanting a new unit.

Gazoo

Enlightened
Just received mine today, revision number on it is 0G0E01.
Wonder whats been changed on it.

Interesting. The original version was 0FAB02. The first updated version I know of was 0G0B01. Mine is 0G0C01. Now we have a 0G0D01 and 0G0E01. I wonder if the last three digits are date codes, or maybe production runs would make more sense.

cam94z28

Newly Enlightened
Interesting. The original version was 0FAB02. The first updated version I know of was 0G0B01. Mine is 0G0C01. Now we have a 0G0D01 and 0G0E01. I wonder if the last three digits are date codes, or maybe production runs would make more sense.

If you compare the numbers, the big revision that fixed most of the problem changed the 3rd letter from an A to a 0. The other codes might just be dates.

The E in the 0G0E01 could indicate a May production run. And F/G being the Firmware revision.

If you could confirm whether yours repeats the same two numbers for cycle 1 in slot 1, we'll know if that's been corrected.

Last edited:

lampthis

Newly Enlightened
If you compare the numbers, the big revision that fixed most of the problem changed the 3rd letter from an A to a 0. The other codes might just be dates.

The E in the 0G0E01 could indicate a May production run. And F/G being the Firmware revision.

If you could confirm whether yours repeats the same two numbers for cycle 1 in slot 1, we'll know if that's been corrected.

I just ran a couple of batteries through a cycle in slots 1 and 2. Seems to be behaving as it should as far as I can tell.

What are the two numbers that repeats itself for cycle 1 in slot 1?

cam94z28

Newly Enlightened
There is a thread that explains it a little better. But i believe, lets say, if 1592 should have been displaying, instead you'll see 1515 for the first cycle in the first slot, in cycle mode.

lampthis

Newly Enlightened
OK, I ran 2 more batteries through 2 cycles in cyclemode in slots 1 & 2. The results shown in the cycle history after the first charge/discharge cycle shows 550 mah in slot 1, and 514 mah in slot 2, no repeating digits.

lampthis

Newly Enlightened
I just uploaded this image, it might explain better than I can. As you can see, no repeating digits. By the way, these were 2 year old AAA cells.

c9000.jpg

cam94z28

Newly Enlightened
Yes definately try it with AA's. I can confirm that 0G0D01 has this bug.
I would take a picture if I was running cycle mode right now.

Another "bug" if you will, is that I often find slot 1 coming in way under the rest of the slots (by 150 mah or more). This is independent of cycle mode. I have probably 20-30 sets of batteries, so it's not just a coincidence. It doesen't seem to happen every time, but definately more often than not.

Last edited:

Gazoo

Enlightened
If I read Lex Luther's post correctly, it happened on the second charge cycle. I will quote him:

"""Mine first charged, then 2 hour wait, then discharged, then I think an hour wait, then charging (2nd time). During this 2nd charging, if you push the up or down button it will display "1" for which cycle, and the mAh it recorded into memory for the previous d/c."""

I am going to try it and see if I can duplicate it.

Last edited:

lampthis

Newly Enlightened
Hi Gazoo,

2019 mah is what was displayed during "rest" after the first cycle.
It was during the 2nd charge cycle when I took that pic. in post #16.
I also periodically checked it during the 2nd charge, rest, and discharge cycle and did not see any change.

Face

Enlightened
Hi,

Thank you for all the replies. I have ordered my C9000 and hopefully it will be with me early next week.

This bug that you are referring to regarding the repeating of numbers. Is this purely a "display" problem or is it something that is actually affecting the batteries themselves?

I'm now off to read through the 4,632,178 posts in the other threads about the C9000 in a hope to learn about the best charging/discharging rates, when to use what mode etc.

Again, many thanks to you all for taking the time to reply to my question.

Face