Comments on E1E + Lumens Factory HO-E1A?

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am running my E1e with the EO-E1R and an RCR123A and can tell you it puts out a beautiful white artifact free beam. Best of all it is rechargeable and if I need extended incandescent runtimes I just drop a 17670 in my L4 body and put the E1e head with this lamp on it. Great lamp!!!!!!!!!!
:thumbsup:

Last edited:

jlomein

Enlightened
I am running my E1e with the EO-E1R and an RCR123A and can tell you it puts out a beautiful white artifact free beam. Best of all it is rechargeable and if I need extended incandescent runtimes I just drop a 17670 in my L4 body and put the E1e head with this lamp on it. Great lamp!!!!!!!!!!
:thumbsup:

I used to run an E1e with the EO-E1R as well. I converted that one to a KL4 head with two stage tailswitch. I now have the EO-E1R on an L4 body powered by a 17670 cell, almost doubling the runtime. I disagree on the white beam comment, I find it to be a little too yellow. For a light this size it has a very good tight hotspot that throws well, and it has a rediculously wide flood that's useful indoors (flood is too dim for outdoors).

If you are looking for the brightest incandescent option in the smallest package, I think it is hard to beat the E1e with EO-E1R. Note that it is not safe to use Fivemega's E2e bipin socket with Strion bulb in the E1e, because the Strion bulb draws 1700ma. Running on a RCR123, the bulb would draw 2.26C, higher than the recommended 2C limit.

If you want to look into Fivemega's E2e bipin socket, you can view/buy it here:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/168327

Personally I think if you want to stay incan, better options arise when you increase in size to at least an E2e. If you stay with the E1e size, I find it better to go LED.

EDIT: Corrected error where I mentioned HO-E1R. Everything I talk about in my post is related to the EO-E1R.

Last edited:

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are both very white (HO-E1R and EO-E1R) but I prefer to use the HO instead of the EO. Flatter discharge curve and better runtime. Great bulb for hiking.

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
I appreciate the comments on the bulbs for the rechargeables but would be interested in any more information specifically on the HO-E1A bulb for Li primaries. Thanks!

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I appreciate the comments on the bulbs for the rechargeables but would be interested in any more information specifically on the HO-E1A bulb for Li primaries. Thanks!
If you have an E1E, it's a damn foolish thing not to buy the HO-E1A. It's a GREAT improvement over the stock lamp, no contest.

quokked

Enlightened
The beam is a decent amount brighter and whiter :)
I've got the LF HO-E1a and the EO-E1a and i prefer the HO -E1a , I just can't get the dang EO series to start in my E1L-WY

IT's a great little beam, and it runs really well on 3.7V Li-on's

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
The beam is a decent amount brighter and whiter :)
I've got the LF HO-E1a and the EO-E1a and i prefer the HO -E1a , I just can't get the dang EO series to start in my E1L-WY

IT's a great little beam, and it runs really well on 3.7V Li-on's
You need AW batteries for the EO-E1R, other brands won't fire it.

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
So will this combo E1E and HO-E1a run on regular SF 123s? What is the runtime expected?

Thanks

Curtis

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Lumens Factory bulb for the E1e that works with primaries and it is a great improvement over the standard bulb.

I highly recommend it.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
And so I wake up this thread after 6 and an half years sleep!

Since several years of enjoying the LED development I am a bit curious to explore the incandescent area. I have several Surefire LED lights, as well as hosts with LED-dropins. E1L Outdoorsman is a great little light. Also I find the predecessor to be cute. According to my experience incandescent light is more natural and pleasant and also I discovered it doesn't need the same amount of lumens for beeing considered as enough bright as LED-light. Still 15lm isn't very much, but then I became aware of this Lumens Factory bulb with 40lm.
I am a bit tempted to get an E1e Executive Elite and have as well primaries and Tenergy LiFePO4 batteries for the eventual task.

Is E1E with Lumens Factory HO-E1A bulb still relevant? Anyone who still uses this set?

Last edited:

Lucky Jim

Newly Enlightened
You may find that the difficult part is getting hold of an E1e as they are becoming quite collectible. It's a great light and has both Incan and LED options if you decide not to use the stock MN01. Personally, I favour the MN01. Good luck finding an E1e - there have been some on the Marketplace lately.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was never a big fan of the MN01 back in the day, always preferring the MN03 and MN02, but it has grown on me the last couple years. And I commonly run them on 2 AA batteries as well these days.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
how?

E2L AA with an E1E head?

Yes, an E2L-AA with any incan E-series head. Or any aftermarket E-series 2AA body. Or a 2xP17500 body with a 2AA sleeve.

I'd love a 9 volt E-series in that size with a factory lamp. I have to settle with Lumens Factory with two rechargeables in a E2e body, a Vital Gear FB3 with a E series head and two P17500's, or the aftermarket bodies I can find instead. I always think it's one of the biggest shames on old school Surefire that they never put the E3e into production.

Last edited: