Endor Moon-Not Star Wars

Mike L.

Newly Enlightened
I was just visiting LED Supply's web site and saw what I believe is a new product called an Endor Moon. It consists of multiple Luxeon Rebel LEDs mounted on a star base. Lumen output claims are tremendous.
Surely I can't be the first of this bunch o' lumen nutz to notice this product! I am very tempted to buy one, but there don't seem to be any optics or reflectors yet developed for it.
Somebody take a look and tell me what you think. This could be the next step...

--Mike L.

Last edited:

Mike L.

Newly Enlightened
Huh, nobody cares about a possible 300 lumens at 350mA?
:confused:

--Mike L.

JamisonM

Enlightened
I'm sure there are those that care. They just haven't said anything. Personally, I think it's great, but just how far off is that from 3x cree or ssc driven at the same level? One problem I see is that custom optics and reflectors for these may have to be made for them. I'm sure these won't be super cheap too, but I wonder what kind of results will be had with current products. Another thing I'm worried about is heat. With three emitters that close; how hot will things get at 350mA and beyound? Just imagine how hot 3 of these stars would get on a tristar heatsink, but damn; if you could find a way and make it all work you'd have a damned bright light with decent runtime.

ICUDoc

Enlightened
Mike L.
Is that 300 lumens at 350mA just three rebels in series?
These new rebels with 100l at 350mA each make for just another great option along with the Cree/Seoul brigade. It seems they all have comparable efficiencies at the moment.....

Mike L.

Newly Enlightened
Ah, now I see...not such a revolutionary product as I had first thought. Yup, heat could definitely present a challenge for the builder/modder.

--Mike L.

Last edited: