Battery option for my Surefire M3T??

dano101

Enlightened
Hey all, just wondering if someone could give me some good advice on rechargeable battery options for my Surefire M3 Turbo. I would consider putting on an extender to bring the light to M4 capacity if needed. Run time is semi-important, but mainly i would love something that would compete power wise with the regular CR123's that it uses.

Thanks a bunch,

Dano

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey all, just wondering if someone could give me some good advice on rechargeable battery options for my Surefire M3 Turbo. I would consider putting on an extender to bring the light to M4 capacity if needed. Run time is semi-important, but mainly i would love something that would compete power wise with the regular CR123's that it uses.

Thanks a bunch,

Dano
Without modifications, then 2X AW 17500 is your best option. Get some Lumens Factory M series lamps and you'll have a killer setup. They are whiter with a much rounder beam than the stock SureFire MN lamps.

Mad1

Enlightened
Without modifications, then 2X AW 17500 is your best option. Get some Lumens Factory M series lamps and you'll have a killer setup. They are whiter with a much rounder beam than the stock SureFire MN lamps.

+1

I currently use x2 17500s in my M3T they work great.

The only problem I have is that if you have the twisty tail cap then it can be awkward to activate as it requires a "double tap" your best off with a clicky.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use 2x Pila 168S (which now I think is 600S).

Oct-1.jpg

right on

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use the same set-up as Powernoodle and am happy with it, I would like to get rid of the spacer though.
Does the x2 17500s combination run the HOLA?
Also, the "Lumens factory M series lamp", can someone provide a link to them, is it something Lighthound sells?
Thanks!

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use the same set-up as Powernoodle and am happy with it, I would like to get rid of the spacer though.
Does the x2 17500s combination run the HOLA?
Also, the "Lumens factory M series lamp", can someone provide a link to them, is it something Lighthound sells?
Thanks!
See all the M series lamps here: http://www.lumensfactory.com/new_products.php

waterboiler

Newly Enlightened
The LOLA ( MN15 ) will run great on 17500's as well as 17670's with longer run time ( ~ 1 hr ) on the later.

The HOLA ( MN16 ) MAY run on protected 17500's but will probably need a double tap. The double tap is to overcome the battery current limit. The MN16 is drawing too much juice for the 17500, it will work but at the cost of cell life or other even less desirable problems.

To run the MN16 well, you need an extender ( Detonator from Lighthound is my choice ) and 17670s. They will drive the HOLA well.

I find I prefer the look ( whiteness of beam ) and run time with the MN15 on Li-ions. I keep a MN16 handy if I need the extra light, does not add much if anything to throw but a larger hotspot.

With an extender you can also run 4 primary cells ( CR123s ) and any of the M4 bulbs ( MN60 & MN61 IIRC ).

I have not experimented with the Lumens Factory bulbs since most of my torch dollars of late have been going into LEDs.