PT Quad

3mw

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, I just picked up a PT Quad because it has the features that I've been looking for in a headlamp (flood pattern, regulated, waterproof, low battery indicator, great price, etc.), but I was not very happy with the bluish color:thumbsdow from the LED(s) and the annoying lines around the edge of the light pattern. Have you guys noticed the same problems? Will every unit be the same or did I just get a bad one? Also, I read that PT used different LED(s) in the Quad when they were first released and then they went to Nichia LED(s). How can I tell which model I have? Could this be the cause for the bluish color? Thanks.

Last edited:

gunga

Flashaholic
I had a quad. NIce features, great flood (un modded).

Yes, all the new ones have Nichia LEDs, the blue colour and weird beam fringes are normal.

Note, I ended up returning mine and modded a PT EOS with a Seoul star and stippled reflector from PhotonFanatic.

Beautiful white flood!

:twothumbs

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
The PT Quad is a great flood headlight but it isn't fully regulated on high... I prefer the Tikka XP with the diffuser on.
the tikka xp isn't regualted at all... the quad is regulated on high... its just depends on the batteries you put in it to make it happen or not...

Archangel

Flashlight Enthusiast
What he said, though i find that low is bright enough for most anything around ye olde campsite anyway.