Melbourne Flashlight meet / swap meet

Abe Furburger

Newly Enlightened
Hi Dudes,

Anyone interested in a flashaholics meeting in Melbourne Australia ?

It would most likely be in the City - a lunch or dinner meet.

Dinner could be better, as we can then go out and try out some mean flashlight technology....

I would probably expect it to be in early March, say 5th or 12th

Best Regards,

Abe.

kz1000s1

Enlightened
I highly recommend to everyone that you attend any gathering of Flashaholics that you can. The get-together I went to in Florida on Feb. 15th was the most fun I've had in a long time! If there isn't one near you, get one started like Abe is doing. You won't regret it.

Monsters_Inc

Banned
Hey Abe, I wouldn't mind bringing down my Tigerlight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif If Virgin offers cheap air tickets, and I could find cheap accomodation, I might just head down (never been south of the border). Why ya choose Melb anyways, why not Uluru - central to everyone! :p

Abe Furburger

Newly Enlightened
yclo - your welcome -> M3 tag ? - pls explain...
onyx - we would be glad to see you if you could make it down here...
geof - always welcome...

Anyone else ?

Abe.

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wed 5th or 12th Mar is cool for me. Abe, any reason you've nominated a work night? Can make it though...

Can I suggest somewhere without the bright city lights? eg. Dandenongs or some place east of Melbourne, eg. Box Hill, Nunawading, Glen Waverley, etc...

I am in near Wellington Road and Princes Highway.

Where are the Melbourne guys based?

Abe Furburger

Newly Enlightened
Hi Guys/Gals,

I am based in the City during work hours, and in Moorabbin after hours.

I have a car, but I also have a very busy home life, and as such, I would prefer to make the meeting during a week night, and in the city - that way I just have to tell the family that I will be home late that evening.

Things get complicated on the weekends or if I have to go home first...

A dinner in the city sounds best - If someone knows a place which is reasonably dark and flashlight friendly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

So, lets see who can make it, and we will do a roll-call.

Abe.

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about a restaurant near the Melbourne Museum on Rathdowne Street. There is a huge park there and I'm sure flashlights would be very well received.

Italian, Chinese, ????