HDS Systems
Page 1 of 36 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Surefire Lego?

Smile Surefire Lego?

Well, I decided to make a thread for people with surefire Legos! I personally don't have any examples but I hope to get some ideas and such!
    HAGO,
    Flash

:EDIT: I now have an example! yay! stock G2 + Z59 clicky. I will post pictures later, as time allows
    Last edited by flash_bang; 08-30-2007 at 12:02 AM.
    No.... Maybe a 2nd job.... But that's about it. - Monocrom

Default Re: Surefire Lego?

Thread closed. Please consider content a bit more in your posts. I don't want to claim authority on whether every post contains any redeeming value, but some recent ones you've given us has me scratching my head and wondering. Fluff posts are heavily discouraged, and efforts to avoid posting of fluff is heavily encouraged. Should an unexpected moderation event occur, consider whether you've given these words merit.

After a bit of checking around, I find that there was more merit than I realized. Perhaps I need to keep track better of the lingo being used regarding Surefires; but then I'm a Rayovac man.

It means also that I owe you an apology, 'flash_bang'.

Please do consider my words though in light of some of you recent posts, but on this particular one, I blew it. You have my sincere apology.

I knew you guys could unclose threads!
    A little madness never hurt anybody.

Thank you Empath, after you closed the thread I was left scratching my head as well!
    I was merely trying to put together a resource or gallery for people to show how they've customized their surefires with swapping parts and whatnot to serve the particular purpose that they need to fulfill.
    Have a good one,
    Flash
    PS: Empath, Please PM as to what was in question as to the merit of this particular thread, thank you

I guess i will go first, surefire C2 with DX sscP4 LED and ultrafire unprotected rcr123's

Thanks jbosman! that sounds coool!
    Also, output, pictures, and other neat info about the modified light would be welcome.
    btw, why do you use unprotected 123's? I'm curious as to why some preach only protected rechargeables, and some like the protected ones more. sorry to get the thread off topic!
    TIA/HAGO,
    Flash

sorry should have added more info, the output is a good 100+ torch lumens regulated with about 2hours of runtime. I use unprotected batteries because thats all i have for now but i really don't see the point because when it drops out of regulation i just change the batteries. I had to file down the bezel to get rid of the gap in the head and i also changed the positive spring for a longer one so it would stop flickering. I really like this upgrade and it is my current EDC

sounds very nice, jbosman!
    Have a good time EDC'ing that fine piece of gear!
    HAGO,
    Flash

1.) L5 body with KT1 turbohead and SW02 tailcap running a SSC P4 tower module.
    2.) KT4 modded with 3 SSC's & 3 Mcr27s reflectors with a shark on an M3T body with Detonator cell extender and SW01 tailcap.
    3.) L4 head modded with 3 SSC's and a shark on an E1L body and Mce2s 2-stage tailcap.
    Flashlight Modifications available upon request
    "I have to go return some video tapes." -Patrick Bateman

Unprotected cells have an advantage in high current applications since the protection circuit won't shut down the cell due to the draw. Other than that I'd recommend the protected cells.

As far as SF legos go, these are my building blocks (I'll forgo the E series):

Heads: 6P, C2, C3, M3, KT, M6, KL2s (modded w/ McR38, SSC, & multifunction converters), old KL3 (being modded w/ McR20S, SSC, multifunction), 3" SRTH, and a one-off McGizmo M4X4X2 (selectable 4 X Lux III McR20 or 4 X Lux III lambertian flood in an M4 head).

Tubes: 6P, C2, C3, M3, M4, and M6, cell extenders, and Detonators

Adapters: M to C, and C to E. Some TnC KT to E adapters on order.

Tails: Stock twisties and clickies, McC2S 2-stage, SW01, SW02, and RPM

Modules: Some Arcmania towers (Digital SSC, Lux V, and TTM (1 X AA Lux I)), Lighthound and DX Cree drop-ins modded for correct bezel seating.

Cells: CR123, RCR123, 17500, 17670, and an M6-R clone built by wquiles.

With the above parts I can pretty much cover all my needs and then some. Most are throw oriented except for the stock KL2, but all mine have been modded. I rarely use the incan heads except for the M6.

I didn't plan having a SF lego set like I did with the Alephs, but having aquired a light here and there, some conversion heads, and associated accessories, I can mix and match and build a variety of complete lights in different configurations.

Here is some lego's...

#1. Milky X464 KL2 Host/ Leef 1x18650/ SW02 TC

#2. Milky X464 KL2 Host/ Leef 2x18650/ SW01 TC

#3. Milky X464 KL2/ M3 body/ SW02

#4. KL5/ M2 body/ SW02.
    #5. KL4/E2e BK/ E2D TC.
    SF M6-R85 M3 G2D FYL G2ZL E1L McGizmo HA PD-S Ti Mule-PD BB Haiku-XP-G Inova X1
    (My Collection)

Flashaholic*

This is a great starting point:
    MDs Lithium-Ion>Incandecent guide, +compatability/comparison chart

It includes Surefire, Surefire-compatibles, and other interesting CR123a based incandescent lights. It's the most comprehensive guide to mix-n-match I've seen.
    Currently Swamped - use email to contact me.
    Using the Internet to deliver useful information and downright nonsense since 1980.

Flashaholic*

I don't have any pictures to post but I have the following;

9P+KT2 Turbohead+A19+MN60 LA+FM24 Diffuser. I also have a KL3 and MN15/16 LA plus a few SC2s. I have a stock 9P and a 6P with a BOG Cree Premium drop-in. I obviously like the P Series.

kelmo

Hi,

I just got an G&P Laser Product T12 Tactical Light (made in Hong Kong) w/ 12V Xenon Lamp useing 4x CR123A Lithium batteries. I removed the original bezel, tailcap and lamp and put on SureFire's 6PD Crenellated Strike Bezel and the Z41-BK tailcap. I use Lumens Factory's 12V Xenon Lamp 320 Lumen ~ 60 min. (208 surefire lumen...) instead of the 12V Xenon Lamp from G&P 220 Lumen (?) ~ 50 min.

Someone here on CPF mentioned that SureFire parts would not fit on the UltraFire 12P - 12V Xenon Lamp, 4x CR123A...

- SureFire L4 with McTC-HA 2-stage Tailcap switch...

NEW: Aleph-BK 1x 123A Body with SF ExE-BK Serie Bezel Head and McTC-BK tailcap switch.

PA
    Last edited by Per Arne; 09-13-2007 at 11:05 PM.

Hello all.......new to the group and I'd like to add to the thread.Here are a few Frankensteined Surefires.

Here's an E2D body with McClicky tailcap and KL1 head,a Leef body and Grip with a Surefire clicky tailcap and KL3 head,and a Pineapple body with the head and tail from the E2D.

Here's an L6 with an SW02 tailcap,a Z2 with G&P strobe tailcap,strike bezel,and CREE drop in.And a 3 cell Leef body and Grip with a Surefire clicky and KL3 head.......the Turbo head is on the way.LOL

Mike

Scrounge around for Size15's SF collection he has organized bins full of SF parts, he could make an army of SF lego lights.
    Hobbyist LED information Website
    U2 work light
    Shaky Emergency Light
    The Mags
    engineer in the making

oh hey! I forgot about the pineapple bodies…
    I should get one of those, get an E to C converter, then get a Z61 and get a G&P tac bezel. That would look cool, methinks.
    HAGO,
    flash

Mine is pretty tame. Just started out as a 9P, added the shock isolated bezel, then replaced that with KT2 turbohead, and a cheap Pelican pressure switch to make it a weaponlight.

And just so you don't have this problem in the future flash_bang, put more info in your opening posts. The stuff you said in your reply to Empath probably would have kept him from locking it originally if you'd have said it then.

I think I'll end up playing E series lego because it's cheaper(I think)
    Does anyone know if the E2D strike bezel can be taken off(just the strike part, not the whole bezel) and be transplanted onto a KX2? If not, which ones will it go on?
    What's a TW4?
    Thanks much,
    Flash

Hi Flash !
    Yes, the E2D bezel can be taken off, but you'd need to break the sealing materials first, and that could be somewhat difficult.

No, it can be transferred to the KX2 as this one does not use a bezel in that style.

The TW4 is the KL4 head on a 1-cell E-Series body. The name comes from Tactical Warehouse. They sold this configuration some time back.

bernie
    There is a type of perfection that transcends the quest for lumens. Buying a $250 1-cell light for "lum factor" is like buying a $250 single malt Scotch for the alcohol content.
    - paulr

It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
    My shoes are too tight. But it doesn't matter, because I have forgotten how to dance.

As of now the only Lego I have to play with is my L4 with an E series bezel an LF HO-E2A. I am now, however, working on making my 9P breathe fire...
    "Et lux in tenebris lucet"

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by flash_bang View Post
    I think I'll end up playing E series lego because it's cheaper(I think)
    Does anyone know if the E2D strike bezel can be taken off(just the strike part, not the whole bezel) and be transplanted onto a KX2? If not, which ones will it go on?
    What's a TW4?
    Thanks much,
    Flash
    I've seen pictures of the E2D strike bezel installed on black KL4's that had been taken from Surefire Scout lights. These were on black E1Es with a E2D tailcap. Sweet!!!

It seems a few of us had the same idea. I put one of these together, but mine doesn't have the strike bezel. Mine is just a black KL4 on a black E1E with a E2D tailcap.

Here is my L4D as I like to call it.

awesome! Is that the same light that's in AZGB's avatar?
    thanks,
    Flash

It would look that way. Can't be 100% sure as I have never asked about it.

Flashaholic

9P with 3 one cell extenders, KT4 with MN61 and 3 x 17670's.

6P with 2 once cell extenders, P91 with 2 x 17670's.

With some CR123's RCR123's, 17500's, an HO-9, EO-9, P-60, P61, P-90, MN16, and MN15 that I have, I can make quite a few combinations with the above stuff.

Just one or two that I have...

Njoy...
    'qarawol' = "Quality And Reliability, A Way Of Life..."

WOW! nice collection there!
    I was wondering…are the SW02's really worth the 65 bucks?
    I was thinking of upgrading my G2 to a z46 with MN10 and an A19 and a clicky tailcap, or do that but sub the g2 body and A19 with a 3x123 leef body.

I think I'll get an E2L, see how good the color rendition is, see what I need more of(flood, spot, or a combination thereof) and then purchase my next light accordingly. If the color rendition is good, I'll wait and get the KX5'd L5 when SF releases it. If not, I'll get an M3, M3T, or M4. I'm edging towards the M3T, and then I can get the Z46 later, and I think that's cheaper than getting the M3 and then the 175 dollar turbohead assembly.

Opticsplanet has a lot of the stuff I'm looking at, like the Z46, SW02 and some stuff for weapons lights like a Z46-CB and LU10 for using the universal weaponlight battery housing, the LU10 is just a male-male bezel-body one cell extender, I think, the LU20 is the same, but two cells, and the LU60 is just male-male, no extender, just recoil protection, I think.

Sorry for the rambling post, but yeah.

HAGO,
    Flash

Page 1 of 36 1234567811 ... LastLast