Foxfury Breakthrough
Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast

Thread: Surefire Lego?

Default Re: Surefire Lego?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric242 View Post
    Wow, the TSL head looks really good on the E1e body . Pretty good colour match too.
    Color match probably depends. The TLS head is clearly lighter than the E1L body in my case. You can also see color variations within the SureFire parts as well.

That´s true. I have to admit I really like it when Surefire lights have some parts with different colour variations like the one on the left. According to OpticsHQ the anodizing of the E-series TLS heads match the Surefire bodies better now.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by coyote223 View Post
    Just a few spare parts.

Alright, I'll bite - what's that tail from?

I'm really liking that lego.

-Trevor
    "We can’t just go with MBAV because it’s out there and battle-proven." - Fred Coppola, deputy project manager for Soldier Protection and Individual Equipment

Looks like it's from a Nitecore extreme - if the head from one will fit on an E1 body( ), it stands to reason the converse is true.

Eric... yes, my TLS head is the NON-crenelated bezel.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    Color match probably depends. The TLS head is clearly lighter than the E1L body in my case. You can also see color variations within the SureFire parts as well.
    Justin... I have a new L1 I just bought that has three distinctly different color anodized areas... and not because it's lego'd... looks pretty cool.

Last edited by DHart; 02-08-2009 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by herbicide View Post
    Looks like it's from a Nitecore extreme - if the head from one will fit on an E1 body( ), it stands to reason the converse is true.
    Herbicide... are the Extreme parts and E-series parts basically plug'n'play with each other?

Quote Originally Posted by DHart View Post
    Herbicide... are the Extreme parts and E-series parts basically plug'n'play with each other?
    So I read today. Or yesterday. Can't remember where though.
    *searches*

Here'll do.
    Last edited by herbicide; 02-08-2009 at 10:59 AM.

herbicide... THANK YOU! Looks like I may have an NEX inbound before too long... like I need another light. sheesh@! I appreciate your help.

Sorry, that i must ask, what means "lego" i dont understand this, Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maxilux View Post
    Sorry, that i must ask, what means "lego" i dont understand this, Thanks
    LEGO is the term we use when we create a new or novel flashlight by mixing and matching parts and component combinations.
    This is achieved through interchangeability; usually through the components using of the same threads so various components can be swapped and screwed together.
    Why use the term?
    The LEGO company's flagship product, "Lego", consists of colourful interlocking plastic bricks and an accompanying array of ... various other parts. Lego bricks can be assembled and connected in many ways... Anything constructed can then be taken apart again, and the pieces used to make other objects.
    [quoted an spell-checked from Wikipedia]

Why SureFire?
    SureFire continued to be one of the strongest proponents of interchangeability - the ability to create a flashlight or WeaponLight tailored to the task and/or situation is something SureFire pioneered.
    With the advent of a Flashaholic community here on CPF many companies have developed products using SureFire as the standard to be interchangeable with. This 'aftermarket' as I call it covers almost every aspect of flashlights and is the source of much interest and enjoyment as people find they can often indulge their desires to have a flashlight 'just the way they want it' rather than be forced to have a flashlight as the manufacturer intends (usually as result of using completely different design criteria)

Al
    Last edited by Size15's; 02-08-2009 at 01:38 PM.

Oh, thanks, i know LEGO, but i did not know that the answer is so easy, thanks.

That´s true. I have to admit I really like it when Surefire lights have some parts with different colour variations like the one on the left. According to OpticsHQ the anodizing of the E-series TLS heads match the Surefire bodies better now.

Eric
    See this CPF post for example, showing a better color match with the new TLS heads. You can also see that they changed the design vs my older version from early 2008.

Based on Justin's recommendation in another thread, I decided to try the TLS head on the E1e. And I could not be happier with it! Thank you, Justin!

More pics of the TLS head on my new E1e body... both from Mike @ OpticsHQ.com. Awesome, very compact set up and bright as heck! E-series legos are great fun.

I like this E1e NAT so much that I had to order a black E1e from Mike as well... for $60 shipping included, I was powerless to resist! They make such a great host for E- legos and mods.
    Last edited by DHart; 02-09-2009 at 10:45 AM.

each parts are interchangeable , i love lego

boudeou....nice collection! What are the components on the Backup body? Can you measure the overall length and post the measurement?

thank you rtt

the head is an aleph mule : http://theledguy.chainreactionweb.co...oducts_id=1128

tailcap is aleph flat : http://theledguy.chainreactionweb.co...roducts_id=556

overall length is 73mm (2,87inch)

very cool stuff, boudeou! Thanks for the pics and the info.

Here is one I'm working on. I had a tail cap failure on my L1 so I requested one from SF and they promptly sent one out. This left me with a tail cap to play with. I found that the threads that hold the rubber boot on are same as an e series head. I'm currently working on finding the proper LED to place in there. I'm open to suggestions, keep in mind that the "bezel" is 19mm in diameter and maybe 10mm in height including the LED.

- XP-G triple 5000K - XM-L E2e -
    www.romanledlights.com

Quote Originally Posted by DHart View Post
    ...are the Extreme parts and E-series parts basically plug'n'play with each other?
    The Extreme head has worked on every E-compatible body I've tried to date. It's a little flaky on switchless twisty bodies (like the original Vital Gears or Arc 2AA) but some of the features will still work.

The Extreme body is hit-or-miss with other E-compatible heads. The inner diameter of the Extreme body isn't quite as wide as most E-series bodies, so some heads can't screw down all the way.

gswitter... thank you for that information... very helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by boudeou View Post

each parts are interchangeable , i love lego

love that backup, aleph parts gets good use I see

Some Old School lego...........

KL1/Balrog3/McClicky 3 cells for long runtime
    KL1/Vital Gear 2AA For in a pinch
    3P/M30/RPM tail cap this is a little pocket rocket

Both KL1s were modded to reflectors.

Braddah_Bill
    Last edited by Braddah_Bill; 02-16-2009 at 05:34 PM.

Mine is nothing too special, I just switched my E2D's tailcap with my E1B's tc. The result is a Backup with better grip and the tailstand ability.
    -Mike
    "Blinded by me, You can't see a thing!"

Quote Originally Posted by Braddah_Bill View Post
    Some Old School lego...........

KL1/Balrog3/McClicky 3 cells for long runtime
    KL1/Vital Gear 2AA For in a pinch
    3P/M30/RPM tail cap this is a little pocket rocket

Both KL1s were modded to reflectors.

Braddah_Bill
    Is that white looking ring on the 3P clone a glow ring or some kind of spacer?

The 3P is not a clone, and yes it's a glow ring by the tail.

Quote Originally Posted by QtrHorse View Post
    Is that white looking ring on the 3P clone a glow ring or some kind of spacer?

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Braddah_Bill View Post
    The 3P is not a clone, and yes it's a glow ring by the tail.

Bill
    Thank you,

I only called it a clone because it had the RPM tailcap on it.

Long overdue to put a picture in this thread...

A low quality cropped picture, but representative of some of my favorite E-series legos. I swap parts on these daily.
    Left - Aleph 17500 with L1 head direct drive. My Cree L1 is a screamer in this configuration and draws just over an amp. It can handle and Amp, right?
    Middle - 1st Gen L1 head with Milky modded SSC goodness. Over 150 lumens DD on an RCR123, but with a nice low available on the McE2S TC. Great pocket light. I have an optic in it that gives me the perfect blend of throw and flood with a massive corona that makes it a wall of light.
    Right - Wolf in sheep's clothing. You know something isn't quite right if you know E-series. A KX1 can't even FIT on an L1 body... but there it is. This is another bit of Milky mixed with some of bigboy's magic. Milky bored & stroked the L1 tube to fit a 17500 with a floating spacer at the tail end so the two stage TC works like SureFire intended. The KX1 has been worked over by bigboy with a sweet neutral Cree Q3 3A emitter and SOB1000 buck circuit that can handle up to 16V. So I have... wait for it... two RCR2's in the body driving the SOB at a voltage level it likes so it can breathe it's fire. This is an awesome setup.
    I had a few more I cropped out of this picture that I just didn't have time to write about, but here is a better picture of the Minime in the center above. That is a rough cut section of bike inner tube on the Aleph TC. I put it on out of necessity one day to mouth hold - meaning to replace it with a straigher cut section later, but I just never did. Now it is an indelible part of this light's character. It doesn't say 'bite here' it says 'bite me!'
    Last edited by Blindasabat; 02-23-2009 at 10:06 PM.

[McTC w/ GID boot, SF E1 body, Valiantco extender, E1e head, running an LF EO-E1R on a 17670 (sorry about the dust)]

The black thing on it's own is a TnC E2C waiting for a head.

The clip's looking a bit superfluous now.

Just waiting for a Solarforce head, reflector module and E-series IMR lamp now...
    'Welcome to the dark side... well... bright side... really, really bright side...' - RyanA

Just scored an oldschool round body 6p from the 'bay - The lego hoard grows stronger!

Now I'll finally have a "proper" looking 3p.
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.

Hey Eric - great looking lego and great pics!

Just wondering, where did you get those flat-round cordlocks? Been looking for them everywhere but can only find em wholesale direct from China...

Thanks in advance!
    ...as for me, when you want a good laugh, you will find me, in a fine state, fat and flourishing, a true hog of Epicurus' herd...
    Running Collection List
    HERE