Maxpedition - Active Shooter Bag 3
Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 811121314151617181920212223242528 ... LastLast

Thread: Surefire Lego?

Default Re: Surefire Lego?

Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut View Post
    Ohh, this is why I'm confused; http://www.surefire.com/LEDConversions

Surefire makes three different threaded variants of their Vampire head.

So, basically, http://www.surefire.com/660-Classic <- this one is compatible with the U2/Kroma? I guess I gotta be on the lookout for that one.. It looks much more streamlined compared to the factory bodies.

Hm, according to your chart all the Millennium weaponlights are compatible as well? I guess that's worth a shot too, although they're usually very pricy.
    Check out the drawing on this link:

http://www.opticsplanet.net/surefire...-body-a21.html

The A21 (about 1" long) is the piece between the tape switch (XM07) and the L60 (main light body), with your choice of C/G/P/Z series bezel on that. It acts as an adapter, as the L60 would normally be screwed into a dedicated forend, like the one's for the shot-guns/HK MP5, etc. The A21 allows you to take the L60 off your dedicated forend, and mount it on a rifle the conventional way, and makes up the space for that last battery.

The U2/Kroma/KM3 heads have the same threads at there ends as the L60, and will screw directly into the A21 or any weaponlight dedicated forend, or a millenium weaponlight body (such as those on the M95x/M96x series).

Check the images at the bottom of this for a good idea of the Millenium weaponlights:

http://www.opticsplanet.net/surefire...-m962xm07.html

The KM2 will screw onto any scoutlight body or E-Series flashlight.

Hope this helps clear some stuff up.

Quote Originally Posted by skwei View Post
    just started with Surefire addiction lately.......
    this is my Surefire 'tool light'...

e2dl tailcap + e1e body + vital gear E to C adapter + solarforce l2p head + xeno bezel + Malkoff M60

[...]
    I love these Black/Gray HAIII legos. Very nice E-series!
    Just a question: How does this M60 go on only one RCR123? Wouldn't better a M30?

Cheers

Ohh, this is why I'm confused; http://www.surefire.com/LEDConversions

Surefire makes three different threaded variants of their Vampire head.

So, basically, http://www.surefire.com/660-Classic <- this one is compatible with the U2/Kroma? I guess I gotta be on the lookout for that one.. It looks much more streamlined compared to the factory bodies.

Hm, according to your chart all the Millennium weaponlights are compatible as well? I guess that's worth a shot too, although they're usually very pricy.

Here you go Jelly Donut

The A21 is in front (left) of the 2ea. SF123's, just to show you some of your compatibility options. Show's how the L60 (used in the 660 weaponlight) and the U2/Kroma heads will fit the A21. You can run the Kroma off an RCR123, but I'm not sure about the U2.

The adpaters to the top/right of the A21 are (starting from the bottom)
    1) A20; Converts 9V body to accept B65 R/C's
    2) A19: 1 cell extender; Used with the L60 and A21, it give you a 9V light instead of a 6V one.
    3) A14: Converts a 2-Cell/6-Volt body to accept B65 R/C's.

L60 (above the U2 head): Can be screwed into a dedicated fore-end housing, or conventionally mounted by attaching to the A21, then a tape switch, and a weaponmount (M79 works good). Can also be used as a handheld. Will accept any C/P/G/Z Series Bezels/Heads/Etc. (voltage limited by lamp/LED assy).

Hope this helps or at least gives you some ideas/shows the TRUE flexibilty of SF Lego's. I'll snap some pic's of the MU (Millenium Universal) parts and some lego's when I get out of here.

The heads/bezels/LED assy's are (starting from bottom): KL3, Z32, Z44-BK, and the last is a G3 Nitrolon bezel (model slipped my mind).
    Last edited by angelofwar; 09-21-2010 at 01:34 PM.

Flashaholic*

Great stuff, thanks! I owe you.

AOW, your post makes me wonder: At what point does CPF's collective knowledge of SureFire products exceed that of the SureFire company itself?
    In the past we have had a light which flickered, in the present we have a light which flames, and in the future there will be a light which shines over all the land and sea.
    - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Dioni View Post
    I love these Black/Gray HAIII legos. Very nice E-series!
    Just a question: How does this M60 go on only one RCR123? Wouldn't better a M30?

Cheers
    Not too sure about running this with RCR123...cos i'm powering up this with AW 16340 IMR . I have not done the proper runtime test with this setup, but for 30 minutes of continuous usage wasn't an issue as i just did it last night

hmm.....M30 vs M60 ? i would always go for the M60 as i do love high lumens output . Not too sure whether i like the M30 cos i only have M60 and M61 atm...

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    AOW, your post makes me wonder: At what point does CPF's collective knowledge of SureFire products exceed that of the SureFire company itself?
    We might have honestly reached that point already.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    Al reached it years ago, all by himself, lol.
    Resistance is futile...

What monocrom said Kestrel...LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by angelofwar View Post
    What DM51 said about Size15's....LOL.
    My girlfriend said if I bought one more light she would leave me...........I'm sure gonna miss her.

Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DM51 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by angelofwar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ANDREAS FERRARI View Post
    What DM51 said about Size15's....LOL.
    What Size15's said about Monocrom, LOL.
    In the past we have had a light which flickered, in the present we have a light which flames, and in the future there will be a light which shines over all the land and sea.
    - Winston Churchill

What Size15's said about Monocrom, LOL.
    Hey! Al didn't say anything about me. Yup . . . Nothing at all.

().
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Quote Originally Posted by DM51 View Post
    +1

Jelly Donut:

If you are gonna buy a KM3 I recommend that you just buy the Surefire V2 Vampire. You get a body and tailcap for only $11 more.

It is much better to get the whole light than just the head.

If you want more options browse the Marketplace for a LU60 adapter. This allows you to use a 6P style head and P60 size drop-in (however some dropins require the LU60 adapter to be ground a bit inside to make clearance) but you can make a 6P style light using a U2 body and LU60 adapter on a 6P head.
    Collecting is not about what you have but rather what you DONT have . . . yet.
    ABTOMAT: "Newer Surefire lights strike me as the result of CNC programmers saying to each other "Hold my beer and watch THIS."

Hey Jelly!!!!!

Do not listen to him!
    Take a look what he did with this poor Kroma!

||
    \/

Quote Originally Posted by Solscud007 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Dioni View Post
    Hey Jelly!!!!!

Do not listen to him!
    Take a look what he did with this poor Kroma!

||
    \/

quiet you!!!!! haha
    ABTOMAT: "Newer Surefire lights strike me as the result of CNC programmers saying to each other "Hold my beer and watch THIS."

Thanks guys for explaining the lego systems so well, really appreciate it. The info in this thread is priceless. I wonder why this thread is not a sticky yet.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Solscud007 View Post
    Jelly Donut:

If you are gonna buy a KM3 I recommend that you just buy the Surefire V2 Vampire. You get a body and tailcap for only $11 more.

It is much better to get the whole light than just the head.

If you want more options browse the Marketplace for a LU60 adapter. This allows you to use a 6P style head and P60 size drop-in (however some dropins require the LU60 adapter to be ground a bit inside to make clearance) but you can make a 6P style light using a U2 body and LU60 adapter on a 6P head.
    Hey

Nope, not getting the vis/IR head. I just brought that into my question since it looked like it was one of the few compatible with the U2 and Kroma, and since it was also a weaponlight I assumed U2's and Kromas would be weaponlight compatible. Which they were!

Of course, in a world where I laid golden eggs, I'd buy the Vampire just for fun but I have slightly above zero need for IR so I can't justify it even to myself.

What IS that thing on the Kroma anyway?

What IS that thing on the Kroma anyway?

M900 series vertical grip weaponlight tailcap

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLOU View Post
    You guys are sick. I was never into Tan but thinking about getting one now. Do you guys also have the OD one laying around that would look awesome too. Angelofwar I believe you have a KT2 can you throw up a photo of it with the Tan body. Nice BM AFO by the way.
    Here ya go Big Lou...

Very nice AOW. I like the last one!

Thanks AOW I know you had it. I call it "Army Style". I also like the KX3 Head is that from a G2D and the G-specific Z59 clicky (115L-60L-15L).

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLOU View Post
    Thanks AOW I know you had it. I call it "Army Style". I also like the KX3 Head is that from a G2D and the G-specific Z59 clicky (115L-60L-15L).
    No prob...The KX3 is from a G2D, but I use it on a black G3 (G3D-BK!). Also, it's the head (the KX3) that's 3 levels...the tail cap is a single-stage. The head can switch modes with a regular twistie, but it's a pain in the butt.

Here are two additional familiy pictures of my Surefire Legos:

Last edited by Eric242; 10-02-2010 at 06:38 AM.

Nice Eric! Now THAT is a C-2 Collection!

by mOk, want to get make an end-all one stop shop for what parts attach to what, etc. What do you guys think of this color coded diagram? Make sense? If so, I'll finish adding the other parts and get measurements next to the images and stuff. Thoughts? opinions? Recomendations? If you find it useful, say so, and maybe we can get one of the mods' to a) make it a sticky (once it's finished), or b) place it an already existing sticky. If not, I'll link to this post in my sig, so all you have to do is find a post from me.

NOTE: UPDATED 30 Mar 11

Here's a pic of the pieces as they fit together and some battery configs...

And the Millenium Weapon-Lights...

And the Hand-Helds...

The Adapters by them selves for easy ID...

Like I said, if ya like it, say so, and I can add some more tail-caps with model numbers, the weapon light bodies, etc. so people can stop posting "Can the A21 fit the Z49?" and the endless "Lego" question postings. I will include underneath a quick detail of what the item "essentially" does, e.g.

A14=Converts 6P to 6R/to accept B65's
    A19=One cell extender for "P" Series lights. (i.e. 6P to 9P, etc.)
    A21=Converts L60 to side weapon mounted (instead of attaching to dedicated fore-end., and/or converts it to a handheld.

(Al, I have some corrections to make name wise, etc. and will try to have them updated on my next post...I'll just update the pictures here instead of posting new pic's on a new post, for example the LU10 being the body part AND bezel, etc.)

???

Last edited by angelofwar; 03-30-2011 at 11:28 PM.

AoW, thank you for your excellent posts. The chart is a great idea. I am a little unsure about the battery configurations that the different setups offer. Maybe the chart could elaborate a bit further on it.

Flashaholic*

I just have to make sure I got this right. The blue part means the blues fit into each other - so a U2/KROMA body would go into an L60, LU10, LU20 or LU60A extender?

If I managed to understand it correctly then yeah, I say go for it. It would make a pretty sweet reference.

Will you include the A2/A2L and all the E-series compatibles like the LX2 along with the various tailcaps?

I just have to make sure I got this right. The blue part means the blues fit into each other - so a U2/KROMA body would go into an L60, LU10, LU20 or LU60A extender?

If I managed to understand it correctly then yeah, I say go for it. It would make a pretty sweet reference.

Will you include the A2/A2L and all the E-series compatibles like the LX2 along with the various tailcaps?
    The first part is correct...the second part is the other way around...an L60 will screw into a U2 body, and not vice-versa, but essentially, yes, the lighter blue (male) goes into the darker blue (female), and so-on.

I will work on the E-series/scoutlight parts as well...it will help me remember as well, when I'm trying to do all my lego'ing, and coming up with a new "invention".

Flashaholic*

So, where does the LU60 fit on the chart?

Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 811121314151617181920212223242528 ... LastLast