Surefire Lego?

flash_bang

Enlightened
Well, I decided to make a thread for people with surefire Legos! I personally don't have any examples :shakehead but I hope to get some ideas and such!
HAGO,
Flash

:EDIT: I now have an example! yay! stock G2 + Z59 clicky. I will post pictures later, as time allows

Last edited:

Empath

Flashaholic
Thread closed. Please consider content a bit more in your posts. I don't want to claim authority on whether every post contains any redeeming value, but some recent ones you've given us has me scratching my head and wondering. Fluff posts are heavily discouraged, and efforts to avoid posting of fluff is heavily encouraged. Should an unexpected moderation event occur, consider whether you've given these words merit.

Empath

Flashaholic
After a bit of checking around, I find that there was more merit than I realized. Perhaps I need to keep track better of the lingo being used regarding Surefires; but then I'm a Rayovac man. :eek:

It means also that I owe you an apology, 'flash_bang'.

Please do consider my words though in light of some of you recent posts, but on this particular one, I blew it. You have my sincere apology.

flash_bang

Enlightened
Thank you Empath, after you closed the thread I was left scratching my head as well!
I was merely trying to put together a resource or gallery for people to show how they've customized their surefires with swapping parts and whatnot to serve the particular purpose that they need to fulfill.
Have a good one,
Flash
PS: Empath, Please PM as to what was in question as to the merit of this particular thread, thank you

flash_bang

Enlightened
Thanks jbosman! that sounds coool!
Also, output, pictures, and other neat info about the modified light would be welcome.
btw, why do you use unprotected 123's? I'm curious as to why some preach only protected rechargeables, and some like the protected ones more. sorry to get the thread off topic!
TIA/HAGO,
Flash

jbosman1013

Enlightened
sorry should have added more info, the output is a good 100+ torch lumens regulated with about 2hours of runtime. I use unprotected batteries because thats all i have for now but i really don't see the point because when it drops out of regulation i just change the batteries. I had to file down the bezel to get rid of the gap in the head and i also changed the positive spring for a longer one so it would stop flickering. I really like this upgrade and it is my current EDC
buttrock.gif

flash_bang

Enlightened
sounds very nice, jbosman!
Have a good time EDC'ing that fine piece of gear!
HAGO,
Flash

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
1.) L5 body with KT1 turbohead and SW02 tailcap running a SSC P4 tower module.
2.) KT4 modded with 3 SSC's & 3 Mcr27s reflectors with a shark on an M3T body with Detonator cell extender and SW01 tailcap.
3.) L4 head modded with 3 SSC's and a shark on an E1L body and Mce2s 2-stage tailcap.

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unprotected cells have an advantage in high current applications since the protection circuit won't shut down the cell due to the draw. Other than that I'd recommend the protected cells.

As far as SF legos go, these are my building blocks (I'll forgo the E series):

Heads: 6P, C2, C3, M3, KT, M6, KL2s (modded w/ McR38, SSC, & multifunction converters), old KL3 (being modded w/ McR20S, SSC, multifunction), 3" SRTH, and a one-off McGizmo M4X4X2 (selectable 4 X Lux III McR20 or 4 X Lux III lambertian flood in an M4 head).

Tubes: 6P, C2, C3, M3, M4, and M6, cell extenders, and Detonators

Adapters: M to C, and C to E. Some TnC KT to E adapters on order.

Tails: Stock twisties and clickies, McC2S 2-stage, SW01, SW02, and RPM

Modules: Some Arcmania towers (Digital SSC, Lux V, and TTM (1 X AA Lux I)), Lighthound and DX Cree drop-ins modded for correct bezel seating.

Cells: CR123, RCR123, 17500, 17670, and an M6-R clone built by wquiles.

With the above parts I can pretty much cover all my needs and then some. Most are throw oriented except for the stock KL2, but all mine have been modded. I rarely use the incan heads except for the M6.

I didn't plan having a SF lego set like I did with the Alephs, but having aquired a light here and there, some conversion heads, and associated accessories, I can mix and match and build a variety of complete lights in different configurations.

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is some lego's...

#1. Milky X464 KL2 Host/ Leef 1x18650/ SW02 TC
medium.jpg

#2. Milky X464 KL2 Host/ Leef 2x18650/ SW01 TC
medium.jpg

#3. Milky X464 KL2/ M3 body/ SW02
medium.jpg

#4. KL5/ M2 body/ SW02.
#5. KL4/E2e BK/ E2D TC.
medium.jpg

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have any pictures to post but I have the following;

9P+KT2 Turbohead+A19+MN60 LA+FM24 Diffuser. I also have a KL3 and MN15/16 LA plus a few SC2s. I have a stock 9P and a 6P with a BOG Cree Premium drop-in. I obviously like the P Series.

kelmo

Per Arne

Enlightened
Hi,

I just got an G&P Laser Product T12 Tactical Light (made in Hong Kong) w/ 12V Xenon Lamp useing 4x CR123A Lithium batteries. I removed the original bezel, tailcap and lamp and put on SureFire's 6PD Crenellated Strike Bezel and the Z41-BK tailcap. I use Lumens Factory's 12V Xenon Lamp 320 Lumen ~ 60 min. (208 surefire lumen...) instead of the 12V Xenon Lamp from G&P 220 Lumen (?) ~ 50 min.

Someone here on CPF mentioned that SureFire parts would not fit on the UltraFire 12P - 12V Xenon Lamp, 4x CR123A...

- SureFire L4 with McTC-HA 2-stage Tailcap switch...

NEW: Aleph-BK 1x 123A Body with SF ExE-BK Serie Bezel Head and McTC-BK tailcap switch.

PA

Last edited:

MikeM

Newly Enlightened
Hello all.......new to the group and I'd like to add to the thread.Here are a few Frankensteined Surefires.:crackup:

Lights2.jpg

Here's an E2D body with McClicky tailcap and KL1 head,a Leef body and Grip with a Surefire clicky tailcap and KL3 head,and a Pineapple body with the head and tail from the E2D.

Lights1.jpg

Here's an L6 with an SW02 tailcap,a Z2 with G&P strobe tailcap,strike bezel,and CREE drop in.And a 3 cell Leef body and Grip with a Surefire clicky and KL3 head.......the Turbo head is on the way.LOL

Mike

flash_bang

Enlightened
oh hey! I forgot about the pineapple bodies…
I should get one of those, get an E to C converter, then get a Z61 and get a G&P tac bezel. That would look cool, methinks.
HAGO,
flash

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine is pretty tame. Just started out as a 9P, added the shock isolated bezel, then replaced that with KT2 turbohead, and a cheap Pelican pressure switch to make it a weaponlight.

And just so you don't have this problem in the future flash_bang, put more info in your opening posts. The stuff you said in your reply to Empath probably would have kept him from locking it originally if you'd have said it then.