Thread: Surefire Lego?

Default Re: Surefire Lego?

Quote Originally Posted by frankiej View Post
    Is that extender from the Aurora XO-6?

It is not.

Quote Originally Posted by QtrHorse View Post
    It is not.
    Thanks for the reply. I thought it looked like the extender from DX SKU 2076. I have a couple of them and they are great.

Do you mind me asking where you secured that extender? Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by frankiej View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I thought it looked like the extender from DX SKU 2076. I have a couple of them and they are great.

Do you mind me asking where you secured that extender? Thanks again!
    I looked at that DX light. This extender looks very similar. There is a slight difference in the knurling and the threads and inside of this tube has a yellowish coating. That tube looks to be uncoated.

How well does it match Surefire black? This one matches very well and the knurling is close to what SF has.

I got a couple in a trade from a member on another forum. I will see if I can find out where he got it from. He said they were around $30 shipped when he bought it new.

Here are my E-Series Legos.

more to come
    Collecting is not about what you have but rather what you DONT have . . . yet.
    ABTOMAT: "Newer Surefire lights strike me as the result of CNC programmers saying to each other "Hold my beer and watch THIS."

Nice!

i can't wait to get my silver E1B..
    If it ain't bright, It ain't right!

Here are my SF Frankensteiners

If only they could standardize HA NAT

Oooh TX - how do you like the LF head on the M6?

money well spent

Quote Originally Posted by tx101 View Post
    money well spent
    In terms of horsepower how does it rank? - it seems a real useful lego tool!

Here are some more.

C2 HA-BK with U2 tailcap all HA-BK!!!

3BL from lego parts
    ABTOMAT: "Newer Surefire lights strike me as the result of CNC programmers saying to each other "Hold my beer and watch THIS."

Quote Originally Posted by Solscud007 View Post
    Here are some more.
    C2 HA-BK with U2 tailcap all HA-BK!!!

3BL from lego parts
    Nice solscud...does a great job of showing the modularity of SF's...BTW, wanna get rid of one of those kroma heads???

haha sorry no. I need them. they go well with their matching bodies.

I like those Patriot parts on that A21...it's like "Red, White, and I'm gonna kick yer...". Looks like somethnig Chuck Norris would carry around. How long did it take you to do all these? (in days???)

Quote Originally Posted by angelofwar View Post
    I like those Patriot parts on that A21...it's like "Red, White, and I'm gonna kick yer...". Looks like somethnig Chuck Norris would carry around. How long did it take you to do all these? (in days???)

I did them all in one sitting. took a few hours haha. just didnt have time to upload them til now.

My KL5 will likely soon be without a body. Those are two good looking options. I recognize every part, except for the single-cell body in the top pic. Which one did you use?
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    My KL5 will likely soon be without a body. Those are two good looking options. I recognize every part, except for the single-cell body in the top pic. Which one did you use?

A21 adapter but you need an LU60, see the Nat-HA anti-roll hexagon right behind the KL5 head?

A21 adapter but you need an LU60, see the Nat-HA anti-roll hexagon right behind the KL5 head?
    Missed that. Thought it was part of the body. Thanks for the very quick response. Is the SF finger-grip a good, tight, fit?
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    Missed that. Thought it was part of the body. Thanks for the very quick response. Is the SF finger-grip a good, tight, fit?
    Yeah if it is new. The grip ring I mean. I have swapped this one back and forth so the rubber is a little oily and dirty.

An update on the G2Z-8NX hybrid. I got my R2 dropin to work. I used a spare large spring from another dropin, a 17600 and a RCR123. It works perfectly.

An update on the G2Z-8NX hybrid. I got my R2 dropin to work. I used a spare large spring from another dropin, a 17600 and a RCR123. It works perfectly.
    Thanks again for the reply. Also good to hear that you got your Franken light to work.

What is the cable attachment? What did you use to do that. ...and how? I plan to use an E-head as a bike helmet light and that looks interesting.
    Here are my E-Series Legos.

Quote Originally Posted by Blindasabat View Post
    What is the cable attachment? What did you use to do that. ...and how? I plan to use an E-head as a bike helmet light and that looks interesting.
    Cable attachment? I think you are talkin about the ST07 weaponlight remote tape switch. That is plugged into the UE07 scoutlight tailcap.

I admit I know NOTHING about weaponlights. I may have to get one of those.
    Cable attachment? I think you are talkin about the ST07 weaponlight remote tape switch. That is plugged into the UE07 scoutlight tailcap.

Quote Originally Posted by Blindasabat View Post
    I admit I know NOTHING about weaponlights. I may have to get one of those.

I dont think you need the tape switch. The tape switch, on a weaponlight, is to help activate the light without having to move your hand position. It is momentary only. no constant on.

There is an SR07 that has momentary on and a constant on click switch, however what is your intent on user interface for an eseries helmet light?

The tape switches are only 7 inches long so it is not like it is long enough to reach down to your hand. Depending on how the light is mounted to your helmet, couldnt you just reach up and press the tailcap switch to activate the light?

I would use just the attachment to the body of the light, cut the cable and tap it into a larger external battery. I would drop a "dummy" cell into the light itself. I have a broken Z57 I was thinking about doing that very same thing to, but the SR07 with switch may be even easier so I don't have to sort out sealing the cable.
    The intention is to have minimal weight on top of the helmet with battery in the Camelbak.
    I don't think you need the tape switch. The tape switch, on a weaponlight, is to help activate the light without having to move your hand position. It is momentary only. no constant on.
    There is an SR07 that has momentary on and a constant on click switch, however what is your intent on user interface for an eseries helmet light?

Here is my current favourite... I call it the Lumamax L4.5

The two stage tail makes it really useful.

100% factory HA:

The E1 has an E series twisty and works with the LX2 head but I have to run an RCR. The LX2 body turns the old KL1 into a 2 stage light but ive gotta run a battery spacer Both are pretty cool. Ive got some more legos but no pictures yet. Il post those later!

Quote Originally Posted by Meganoggin View Post
    Here is my current favourite... I call it the Lumamax L4.5

The two stage tail makes it really useful.
    where can you get a 2 stage switch for an L4??

Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 36789101112131415161718192023 ... LastLast