What are your favorite or most recommended AAA and AA cell lights?

cosine

Newly Enlightened
Number of cells, cost, specifications, etc. doesn't matter. Just simply interested in which AAA or AA cell lights are your favorite, or which you would most recommend.

PaulHsu

Newly Enlightened
I wish there was more options in this department too. It seems the ARC AAA is a well recommended EDC and the Fenix AAs for something bigger. These seem to be about the best options I've found out there.

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been carrying the Coast LED Lenser (well it's made by Coast and LED Lenser is all that's on the light). I forgot the actual name. It's an LED light that uses three AAA's for power. I think the claimed output is somewhere around 60ish lumens. This looks right as it's around the same as my E2E, and Strion.

Last edited:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I've got a few of the Fenix lights, both AA and AAA (E0, E1, Civictor), and would recommend them all. The Fenix Cree lights of both battery types are even better. I will likely buy the L0D-CE or its successor in the near future. Presently my favorite AA is the Photon Proton, a bit of a throwback and not the brightest light, but unique in its features.

Geoff

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
the lesser known coast models , being a totally consumer product, they have always used the batteries consumers already have and are used to, plus they are cheap.

the Fenix stuff, because it doesnt have a FAT head, so its not much bigger than the battery, fits in the pocket well. not a lot of extra weight of metal i dont need.

the clones of the above, which are cheap and ok, but i will have to say the fenix quality and build style has advantages.

i use MOST the coast i modded, cause its aluminum, lightweight, not much bigger than the cell that goes in it, simple cheap, and because i put a modded lens and battery and led in it.
if it wasnt modded, i would carry a fenix instead, specially one with at least 2 levels. they are lightweigh, just the right usefull beam pattern, always work, simple fit in pocket well.

the AA batteries are usually reliable, have a good lot of power in them, come in amany types and styles, and dont make a flashlight FAT, so it fits in the pocket well. the AAA stuff (even 3x AAA) just drives me up the wall because the batterys dont have enough power.

Last edited:

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Among my many flashlights the two I like better in the mentioned form factors are:

AAA : Fenix L0D CE
AA : Lumapower LM301

:)

EugeneJohn

Newly Enlightened
My favorite AAA light at this moment is the LiteFlux LF2. I just got it in the mail this morning so its very much in the 'new toy' category.

Time will tell whether it or my previous EDC, Fenix L0D-CE(also a fabulous light) will get to live on my keyring.

I don't own any AA lights, although that cute Fenix L2D has been giving me a 'come hither' glance. :naughty:

Hans

Enlightened
AAA: Fenix LOD CE, one of my favourite lights. ARC AAA and Peak Matterhorn 1LED HP, perhaps the most rugged lights in that category.

AA: Fenix L1D CE. For more ruggedness I'd go once again for a Peak.

Hans

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Streamlight 4AA ProPoly Luxeon

Arc AAA-P

Peak 1AAA Matterhorn 3-LED with lug style HA body (though the head on one of them failed so I sent it to Peak and am awaiting their response).

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like CR123 lights the best but there are a few AA/AAA lights in my collection that I like.My favorite of these is the LOD CE.The LOD CE can be carried all the time clipped inside my front pocket completely unobtrusive yet it is still very bright and has a low mode to preserve the battery.Always liked the original CMG Infinity,this was the light that got me hooked on LEDs.The original INOVA X1 with the spot beam is also an old favorite I use from time to time.Lastly would be the standard Mini-Mag,not very exciting but it still has some advantages.Quality at a low price,several inexpensive LED replacements depending on your needs and easy replacement of the lens or tailcap if needed.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
AAA
1 Cell L0P SE
2 Cell Inova Bolt

AA
1 Cell Ultrafire C3
2 Cell Maglight MagLED

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
AA Inova X1 generation2 with optics. Not very bright, flood profile but very long runtime.

Liteflux LF2 either with Cree or SSC led both are programmable, multi stages output, strobes, candle mode. For 45$ programmable light its excellent.