First and last flashlights of the day

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most people are creatures of habit, so what would the first and last flashlight you use be, on a normal day in your normal routine?

My first would be most likely used in the shed or garage at some point during the day and would likely be either my L0P SE or AAA Inova Bolt both of which I often EDC.

The last flashlight would be the Inova X5 at bedside. I use it every night to light my wifes path to the bed after she turns off the bathroom light, then I use it to charge up the glow on my watch.

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
My MCGizmo PD-S and Mule. I use both as night lights on most nights. In between I use my other lights in my sig line.

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
My first and last flashlight of the day are one and the same; my McLux PD!

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup, mostly one and the same TiPD-S, although I also have an E1L with Nite Glow ring attached on my bedside table and will reach for this first if it's really dark and it;s the only thing I can see.

lctorana

Flashlight Enthusiast
That would be my bedside light, a vintage 3v Eveready 1xNo8 / 2x927.

Since these batteries are no longer made, it has a 18650 running a 3.6v vacuum PR bulb.

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use an original CMG Infinity 1xAA at the bedside the most. It doesn't affect my night vision much if I have to get up in the middle of night, and the thing seems pretty darn powerful once my eyes are adjusted for darkness.

Also used a first gen Inova X5 by the bed for a long time. Just flood and not really overpowering at all...easy on my tired eyes :)

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
The first flashlight I use would likely be whatever is close at hand if I am at home and could be any one of the 40+ lights scattered throughout the house,car and garage.If I need a light at work it would probably be my LOD-CE or a blue Photon II.After work I usually use my INOVA T1 for checking things around the home.Late at night in the house I use a Pak-Lite Basic although on occasion I will use a version one X1 or an original CMG Infinity. :ohgeez: I have so many good flashlights to chose from these days ! :grin2:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
The first is probably either a Fenix E0 or a Proton, since they are what I'm carrying on a normal day. Lately the last one has been a MiniMag with 3 LED conversion and IQ switch. I'll turn it on low and turn the radio on the 30 min. sleep timer. I'm usually asleep by the time the light turns off at the 14-15 min. time-out.

Geoff

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ditto on the Infinity, only an amber one because it's even softer on my eyes. ;)
I have an amber Infinity by my bed, too. My last light is usually the NV Green Photon Freedom around my neck. My first light is often a Nightcutter Sport with three green 5mm LEDs.

paulr

Flashaholic
Easiest on the eyes: CMG infinity with red led. This is what I use to find the bathroom in the middle of the night. Except then I ended up logging onto the computer...

DaveG

Enlightened
I use a Palight,and a Safelight that stay on the bed side table,both have white leds.Not too over powering for dark adjusted eyes.

skillet

Enlightened
I hang my "Seoul Power" HDS around my neck after I put my wallet in my pocket and dont take it off until I make preparations for bedtime...

Who knew it would be this way?

Gordon aka:skillet

Max Brightness

Enlightened
The last flashlight of the night is generally a Surefire L2 using a 14670 rechargeable battery and a red beam filter. With the 14670, the low is about half the brightness as compared to primary cells. This is good around the house if I use it without the filter.

I keep several flashlights handy so the first of the day would be one I turn on for a few seconds just to hold it, look at it, and admire the build quality and beam.

jeremyison05

Newly Enlightened
The first light I normally use if it's dark in the morning when I get up is my P3D that hangs on my bedpost at night, then goes into my belt holster after I get dressed. The last light I use at night is my 2D ROP to check out the yard/house before I go to sleep. Thinking of putting together a slightly larger ROP with sub c's or a Mag85, would make a good "bump in the night" light.

jbosman1013

Enlightened
first light of the day is the MTE sscP4 that i carry at work. after work for a nicer EDC i go with my SF C2 with seoul.

Culhain

Enlightened
In the house, morning and night, I use an Inova X5 more often than all the rest of my lights combined. The X5 is a superb indoor light, but sees little use outside, where the urban light pollution overwhelms the output.

schiesz

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me is a PD XRE most of the time, although a 3P with a detonator extender is my nightstand light.

schiesz