Spotlight with 6 Nichia Rigel leds?

Stromberg

Enlightened
Greetings! This is my first post to this this forum, although I've been CPF lurker for a quite long time. English isn't my native language, so bear with me because there will be some oddities in my text :)

What do you think about this spot light:
http://www.dotlight.de/shop/product_info.php/cPath/203_213_288/products_id/1046

Specs state that it should give about 350 lumens, but is that even possible with 6 Nichia Rigel leds? I also would appreciate your personal opinion about the price of the light, I think that it's quite expensive. I think that I would use the light in bedside reading lamp.

Other question is about this Cree spotlight:
http://www.dotlight.de/shop/product_info.php/cPath/203_213_289/products_id/1041

What do you thing about the 200 lumens, isn't that bit low for Cree? Price is more bearable but it still can't be called cheap..

Last edited:

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi Stromberg and welcome!

I believe the Nichia clustered light is capable of the stated lumens at the source as to actually out the front end, that is another question. I don't know enough about the light to comment on price.

I would also guess the 200 lumen claim on the Cree XR-E is reasonable given the drive current comments.

Given that these are screw in replacement bulbs with all thermal relief left up to the device itself, it would be interesting to know the expected lumen maintenance of them.

Stromberg

Enlightened
Thanks McGizmo for your reply. It's good that you questioned the lumen maintenance aspect because I haven't event thought about it. It's very likely that the heat produced by the led(s) will stay mainly in the bulb because of the small amount of heatsinking.

LEDite

Enlightened
Stromberg;

The heat sinks look better than most screw-in bulbs I've seen.

Lumen output will be hurt by the low 3200° K color temp.

The Cree sheet states 200 & 140 lumens. I would guess it is the 140 number.

Larry Cobb