Your Flashlight is Cool But I Have Something Better

retrodog

Newly Enlightened
Not really, but that seems to be the recurring theme here. No matter what someone gets and posts about, it takes about 10 microseconds for someone else to come in and tell them about something else that they find better.

So sticking with the mood of this forum, no matter what you got... someone else either already has (or soon will) something much better.

So here's my POS Dorcy...

http://www.dorcy.com/img_products/41_4253_1.jpg

Just to see if we can get it down to 5 microseconds.

:D

Last edited by a moderator:

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
My modded UltraFire B3 (link in sig) does 100 lumens from a single AAA for 40 minutes, and my Pelican 7060 should get here tomorrow.

(I know I'm kind of skipping 'triple dare', but hey :nana:)

knot

Banned
I have a better POS. it's the 2c cell 8 LED Dorcy. It throws a couple of lumen in blue-ish a few feet.

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

KingGlamis

Banned
Well some of the good-natured competition is cool with me. Just like the Ford vs Chevy battle that has been raging on forever. Or Mac vs PC. But in some cases it's Chevy vs Ferrari around here. I'll pit my Superfire against anyone's comparable Surefire any day. Bring it on. :D Let the bench racing ensue...

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, when comparing with friends, I like to think my light's better, but most don't even realize that there is a difference between most flashlights.

AzGB

Enlightened
While I've got a few pretty cool lights, that's the general theme around here. I did recently have a firearm related conversation that sucked the wind out of someone... This gentleman was convinced that his fairly standard AR-15 had to be better than anything I've got. Unfortunately, my conference room at the office has both a Garwood M-134G Minigun, and a 40mm HK GMG in it. It was like lining up a bottle rocket next to the Space Shuttle.

:nana:

Well some of the good-natured competition is cool with me. Just like the Ford vs Chevy battle that has been raging on forever. Or Mac vs PC. But in some cases it's Chevy vs Ferrari around here. I'll pit my Superfire against anyone's comparable Surefire any day. Bring it on. :D Let the bench racing ensue...

worldedit

Enlightened
Why would someone have a minigun in his office? Maybe you have to fight helicopters through the window like in Matrix.

Robban

Enlightened
It hasn't always been that way around here but it seems to be shifting in that direction lately. What happened to just being happy about the lights you had and talking about them and others from a hobby perspective rather than from a my **** is bigger than yours point of view?

devonshireflasher

Newly Enlightened
My Sh** is bigger than yours is a natural response. It is part of being a man. We wouldn't buy these light if we didn't like the comparison game.:rock:

GregY

Newly Enlightened
My Sh** is bigger than yours is a natural response. It is part of being a man. We wouldn't buy these light if we didn't like the comparison game.:rock:

[serious] That's a natural response for little kids, on a grade school playground. Some of us buy tools because of what they let us do, not how loud they let us talk. [/serious]

Looking at that thread title, at first I didn't think he was talking about, um, flashlights. :eek:

davidt

Enlightened
Not really, but that seems to be the recurring theme here. No matter what someone gets and posts about, it takes about 10 microseconds for someone else to come in and tell them about something else that they find better.

So sticking with the mood of this forum, no matter what you got... someone else either already has (or soon will) something much better.

So here's my POS Dorcy...

http://www.dorcy.com/img_products/41_4253_1.jpg

Just to see if we can get it down to 5 microseconds.

:D

So i'm guessing that it puts out nowhere near 45 lumens? I always thought they looked kind of cool.

Well here is my POS light, I don't know what I was thinking when I bought it. It's a 2D LED Brinkmann.

DSC00001.jpg

Beam shot 6 feet away

DSC00002.jpg

I would say it is a little brighter and better tint than my 1 AAA dorcy. But the beamshot in picture is a little more blue than in real life.

Last edited: