How many BLACK Surefire A2's were made?

Nathan

Enlightened
How many BLACK Surefire A2's were made? Black A2 Counting Game

Not sure if this is the right forum, but does anyone know how many A2-BK-WH's were made?
:thinking:

Now, the Black A2 Counting Game! See post #18.

Current count: 37
Current low s/n: 14526
Current high s/n: 15059
Difference: 534

If you own natural HA (non-black) A2 numbered between 14526 and 15059, PLEASE post here as well. We want to see if all the black A2's were numbered consecutively.

Last edited:

Nathan

Enlightened
I've read that SF serial numbers are no indication of the sequence the parts are built. Mine is in the high A14000's, so they can't be completely random.

Somebody has to know how many A2-BK's are out there...

DM51

Flashaholic
...........................v.............v.............v
A2-BKx3.jpg

cy

Flashaholic
until a large batch of black HA A2's were sold by supremeco in HK ($135) aprox. one year ago. until then, Black A2's were all but impossible to get. now one will pop up once in awhile.

Illum

Flashaholic
No I don't, but wish they would make some more!!!

sometimes the specialty and value lies with small quantity
I prefer it to stay that way....and have surefire come out with other colors:naughty:

I demand to see a clear bodied A2! utilizing a super strong material that you engineers haven't invented yet, chop chop get moving! :laughing:

Size15's

Flashaholic
Size 15 could probably answer the question, where is he?
I don't know for certain. If I was pushed for a guess I would say "Several hundred. Less than a thousand." Likely "a batch" was done. 250-500 units perhaps.......... Or maybe only 100. Dunno......

tazambo

Newly Enlightened
I'd suggest that when a batch is done they have consecutive numbers, yes/no?

Serial numbers don't continue from batch to batch, as Size15's has stated several times.

Given that DM51 has 14548 and greenLED has one in the low 15000's, I'd say the batch was at least 500.

I'd like to obtain one, one day.

Regards
Dave

Last edited:

Size15's

Flashaholic
I'd suggest that when a batch is done they have consecutive numbers, yes/no?
Actually, there's no way to be sure... that I understand it, the machine operator instructs the laser etching machine which product is being etched and inserts component (or groups of components via a rig) into the machine. If the A2's were special order (which is likely) then it is possible that they were done when there was time between processing regular products - and this could include regular A2's.
I admit I'm making assumptions, just pointing out that it is also an assumption to think that the serials are consecutive, although, that would seem more likely.

Al

DM51

Flashaholic
Would they all have been produced in a single run? They are all the same AFAIK, white LEDs, no scalloping on the bezels... it would make sense for them all to be done at once if there were to be only 100, but any more than 500 sounds like a very big run, even for a major outfit like SF. If they were not all done in 1 run, the serial #s would be less likely to be consecutive.

Any way SF records might be able to help us here?

Size15's

Flashaholic
Any way SF records might be able to help us here?
In this instance I doubt asking by email, or even phoning will be the best method - I suggest a written letter. I guess something like...

"Dear SureFire,

After a long search I have been fortunate to find and purchase a used A2-BK. Please can you tell me how many A2's were made in Black HA and whether you'll be making any more in the future? I would really like to buy another one.

Best regards,
[insert name here]
"

DM51

Flashaholic
In this instance I doubt asking by email, or even phoning will be the best method - I suggest a written letter. I guess something like...

"Dear SureFire,

After a long search I have been fortunate to find and purchase a used A2-BK. Please can you tell me how many A2's were made in Black HA and whether you'll be making any more in the future? I would really like to buy another one.

Best regards,
[insert name here]"
I might send that one down to the typing pool and see if any one there is brave enough to tackle it.

Nathan

Enlightened
In the spirit of CanadaBright's "A2 Counting Game" thread, let's see how many CPF members have black A2's (model A2-BK-WH). We'll take it a step further and post the serial# as well. If you don't want to publish your whole serial#, just put 'xx' for the last 2 digits.

We should be able to determine if the A2-BK's were indeed from a single run with consecutive serial numbers. If you own natural HA (non-black) A2 numbered between 14548 and 15007, PLEASE post here.

I have one.
Serial# is 14834.
CPF total: 1

CopyofIMG_6472croppedSmall2.jpg

Last edited: