looking for an all around athelete of the cree lights

nmanchin

Newly Enlightened
so many light reccomendations. looking for something with above average throw but not spot or flood by any means. above average battery life with cr123's or the 18650 cell but not the best. above average build quality but not the best. basically a light that does nothing excellent and compromises all the way around but in a good way like a decathelete. kind of a go to light. crenelated bezel would be cool. don't really care of it's name brand or the other guys. i'm thinking lumapower M1 with both reflectors (leaving in the OP) or building a triple cree mag or some variation. price range 25-80 ish. i keep gravitating to the M1 b/c of it's build quality and options but i don't feel like spending that for a light that's been out for so long...

i've been relying on my OLD x5 and converted teralux minmag for these purposes.

i have a EDC LOD ce on the keys.

a rayovac 3 watt k2 headlamp on the way that i plan to drop a seoul into.

and i will have a 3c mag with a drop in for car duty.

so this will be a bit of a toy/go to light. so if you need to use a light and you don't know what you're going to use it for you'd grab this one. thanks for listening and sorry for another "pick the best light for me" post. i'm a newb!:sigh:

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
I was going to say for your description, the lumapower M1 sounds like about the right choice. There's also the new Dereelight CL1H 2.0 to consider (thread in the manufacturer's corner of the marketplace). Or you could go for a Fenix P3D-CE.

Aside from the throw kings (i.e. D-mini & MRV), I tend to see Luma as a good solid general purpose light maker.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about a Ultra C3, excellant price/use ratio I believe, decent output, decent build quality, ability to run on one AA cell or two with the optional body, decent battery life on one or two cells. Nothing spectacular but it does just about everything well. Not the quality of a Fenix/Surefire etc. perhaps, but no where near the price either.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix P3D would be a great choice if you don't might the lighter materials (not as heavy duty as the M1 or Dereelight as far as I know).