A few beam shot comparisons between the Pelican 7060, Inova T-4, and Pelican M10

usnavydoc

Newly Enlightened
A few days ago I did a comparison between the AE Xenide 25W and the Inova T-4. I planned on having the Pelican 7060 included but time didn't allow it. I was going to rectify that but now the AE Xenide isn't here because it had to be sent back to the seller for an exchange. So instead I am posting beam shots of the Pelican M10 (incandescent for contrast), Pelican 7060 LAPD, Inova T-4(2005 -2006 model), and the newer T-4 with the K2 Luxeon.

Before I continue, let me say the Inova T-4 has been my trusty companion for the past 2 years, serving reliably while I was in the military and continuing to do so in my present career. Many of my peers use Streamlight Stingers, and to date I can say that the T4 is a better light. I have dropped it many times and never had to replace a bulb. The same cannot be said for the Stinger. The newest attraction to the flashlight community is the Pelican 7060 LAPD. It comes in a box which includes a charger and a leather holster. The charger blinks red while charging, and turns green when fully charged. A full charge lasts about 1.5-2 hours.
I decided to buy the 7060 because of its potential to be a great duty light - not only does it uses Lithium Ion battery technology like the T4 but features a supposedly brighter Cree LED. The main difference is that the 7060 is a bit larger than the T-4, is made of plastic, and has 2 switches (one in tail and one in the body) rather than one.

So does it live up to the hype? A lot of you in this forum know more about flashlights than I do, so I am going to be brief in the commentaries and let you judge from the pictures themselves.

I took pictures of the flashlights mentioned indoors, in close quarters, and outdoors.

INDOOR SHOTS:

Here is a picture of the room I used for the indoor shots without illumination:

dark.jpg

Here is a beam shot of the Pelican M10 incandescent light:

pelicanm10.jpg

Inova T-4 (older model)

inovat42006.jpg

Inova T-4 K2 Luxeon:

inovat42007.jpg

Pelican 7060 LAPD:

pelican7060ind-1.jpg

AE Xenide 25W ( I only have an indoor pic, no outdoor or close quarter due to unavailability)- I would feel sorry to whoever was in the receiving end of the 1500 lumens from this light:

xenide25w.jpg

CLOSE QUARTER SHOTS:

In my line of work, the performance of a flashlight in close, tight quarters is important. Many flashlights can illuminate well far away, but can they do the same in close distances?

Pelican M10:

closem10.jpg

Inova T-4 (Luxeon V):

closeT4Lux5.jpg

Inova T-4 (K2 Luxeon):

closeT4K2.jpg

Pelican 7060:

close7060.jpg

OUTDOOR SHOTS:

I did what I could with these shots; the ambient light from the building next door didn't allow the pictures to be taken in total darkness.

Picture without illumination:

outside.jpg

Pelican M10:

outsidem10.jpg

Inova T-4 Luxeon V:

outsideT4lux5.jpg

Inova T-4 K2 Luxeon:

outsideT4K2.jpg

Pelican 7060:

outside7060.jpg

Here are shots of the flashlights:

Side by side comparison: