Yet another Rayovac thread. (New flashlight?)

Pistolero

Enlightened
Ok, what is up with this?
Looking at the Sportsman Xtreme lineup we see a slew of lights, some of which haven't hit the shelves yet.
http://www.rayovac.com/flashlight/flashlight_sportsmanx.shtml

Everyone is hot for the 4W LED 3C Flashlight (me included)
And most everyone recognizes the 1Watt and 3Watt Nuwai x-3 knock offs.

That said, there's two lights I don't get.
1W LED 2AA Flashlight
SE1W2AA-B - Best I can tell, it's a non-regulated version of the regular 1watt, possibly a different emitter and it's stated that it's "Water Resistant"

This is the real puzzler.
SEC1W2AA-B
1W LED 2AA Camouflage
That is a really crummy link and picture because it doesn't show the 2 major details that make me really curious about this light.
1. The emitter looks domed. I mean, it almost looks like a standard 5mm led protruding up from the emitter base, but with "stuff" in the dome part. The plastic holding the light makes it nearly impossible to identify it tho.

2. It's BIG. It's much bigger than the other 2AA lights. In fact, I'd say the body / barrel could accomadate a 2C package. It doesn't make any sense for the body/barrel to be that big for a 2AA light.

I saw this light (the camo one) at wal-mart and it really struck my curiousity. I'm wondering if anyone else around here knows whats up.

Last edited:

Pistolero

Enlightened
Re: Yet another Rayovac thread.

Mystery partially solved.
Found the Rayovac Industrial page.
http://www.rayovacindustrial.com/products_flash_sport_xtreme.shtml

From that page, it looks like the 1W camo and the 1w regular have the same body dimensions.
SE1W2AA-B and SEC1W2AA-B

Maybe it's just that the product page is erroneously saying it's a Luxeon LED when it's not? But then shouldn't the runtime be that much greater if it's a different emitter?

GAH... I'll prolly go pick it up and find out WTF is going on.

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Yet another Rayovac thread.

That said, there's two lights I don't get...

1. The emitter looks domed. I mean, it almost looks like a standard 5mm led protruding up from the emitter base, but with "stuff" in the dome part. The plastic holding the light makes it nearly impossible to identify it tho.

2. It's BIG. It's much bigger than the other 2AA lights. In fact, I'd say the body / barrel could accomadate a 2C package. It doesn't make any sense for the body/barrel to be that big for a 2AA light.

Great find there, Pistolero.

I wasn't even aware of these lights, but they do look promising.

Ray-O-Vac has been releasing some great "bang for the bunk" lights lately:

-The 1W and 3W 2AAs have received generally favorable comments here.

-The 3C Cree 150 lumen looks to be a solid value for those wanting a powerful, longer-runtime light.

-The 1AA headlamp has garnered almost exclusively enthuiastic reviews on CPF.

I'll be very interested to see what these new, sort of odd-looking lights are all about.

Please keep us updated on what you discover about them.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
This is the real puzzler.
SEC1W2AA-B
1W LED 2AA Camouflage
That is a really crummy link and picture because it doesn't show the 2 major details that make me really curious about this light.

I saw this light (the camo one) at wal-mart and it really struck my curiousity. I'm wondering if anyone else around here knows whats up.

That is the Costco 2AA light. Apparently, Rayovac got a version of it.... in camo. There used to be a cool-looking gun metal blue version on Rayovac's site. But it's gone now!

Review of the 2AA Costco light -
http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/costco_luxeon2aa.htm

Phaetos

Enlightened

I keep seeing it too. But are you saying that you think you could put 2-C cells in that body? I've looked at it everytime I've been in WallyWorld, don't see anyway that is happening. BTW, it's $20 there, the 3W version is $24 and they have some rechargeable version of it for $48 :faint: I want that 4W one on the site, that looks nice.

lumenal

Enlightened
I recently noticed the 2AA 1 watt camo light by Rayovac at Walmart.

It is included in its Sportsmans Xtreme line.

This light, even though its $19.99, is significantly larger, in both length and diameter, than its 2AA 1 watt cousin. It almost looks like a 2C sized light. I wonder why. :thinking:

The packaging states regulation with a DC-DC boost circuit.

And it also uses an optic, looking similar to the optic on the 1AA Rayovac Sportsmans Xtreme headlamp, only larger.

I've walked by this light several times, but I'm intrigued by its dimensions - what on Earth are they packing in there? :popcorn:

Phaetos

Enlightened
Guess I will have to go buy one and let you all know. I just hate the Camo color.

lumenal

Enlightened
Guess I will have to go buy one and let you all know. I just hate the Camo color.

I know what you mean, as I've never been too fond of camo, but, I bought the RiverRock 2AA 3 watt camo light at Target, and its really grown on me.

I'm not sure if the actual camo coating is ceramic or Duracoat, but it really is holding up well. Quite surprising, actually, as I do use the light every night. Its about 3 months old, and has a nice cool white, even beam.

Do let us know whats doin' with that camo 1 watt from Rayovac, if you decide to go for it! :popcorn:

z96Cobra

Enlightened

I saw the same light in a greenish/blue color (same light as the camo version) when I bought my 4W 3C @ Meijer about a week ago. The body has 2 flat sides on it. Also, if you click on it on the Rayovac site, it is shown with an incorrect picture that makes it look just like the 1W and 3W versions. Click http://www.rayovac.com/flashlight/se1w2aa-b.shtml to see the wrong pic with the light in the package, but then put your mouse over the other pic at the bottom, and you will see what it really looks like.

Roger

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I saw the same light in a greenish/blue color (same light as the camo version) when I bought my 4W 3C @ Meijer about a week ago. The body has 2 flat sides on it. Also, if you click on it on the Rayovac site, it is shown with an incorrect picture that makes it look just like the 1W and 3W versions. Click http://www.rayovac.com/flashlight/se1w2aa-b.shtml to see the wrong pic with the light in the package, but then put your mouse over the other pic at the bottom, and you will see what it really looks like.

Roger

Ah, thank you!

I had thought that that model was now only available in camo. :)