Now that's using free energy. ;)

jtr1962

Flashaholic
How did they film this in order to get the low camera angles? All I can say is that this is one brave person. A little wider in some of those turns would have been head-on into opposing traffic. Looks like fun even though I personally wouldn't try it unless the road was closed to traffic. The end part where he passed the motorcycle was surrealistic.

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heh. The faces people make when they're on their bike, calmly going down the road when this guy zooms past, have to be priceless :D

BT132435

Newly Enlightened
nice!, good music. I actually went to the Muse concert in MSG the other day.

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great to look at but you must be crazy to do this... :eeksign:...:eek:...:shakehead

WNG

Enlightened
No, he's a French performance artist. Once featured on the Discovery Channel.
He once skated through Paris in his roller-suit.

z96Cobra

Enlightened
I'd say that the camera is mounted on a motorcycle with a stabilized pole mount, and you can hear the tires screaming around some of the curves. Also, when they pass the bike near the end, the camera doesn't have to move over too much to make the pass, if the camera was on a car, much more room would be needed (going into the other lane more) to complete the pass.

If I did this I would be wearing a titanium cup... just in case! :D :whistle:

Roger

yuandrew

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not too surprised at how fast he goes since a friend of mine once street luged and was able to reach around 70 miles per hour on similar mountain roads.

Here's the Sequel to "Swisspass 2" by Jean Yves Blondeau (A.K.A Buggy Rollin)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFk3vncVGns

"Before and After" shows that those roller blade wheels would have to be replaced after every run.

Part 1:
A run down a very narrow (wide enough for only 1 vehicle) mountain road and a stop at the bottom for autographs and pictures.
Part 2:
A night run down another road with a camera and a flashlight mounted on his back with the chase camera view superimposed.