This stuff looks pretty cool!

Wylie

Enlightened
In my efforts to help a friend with a reading light she would like me to modify I have found some stuff that I have not seen before. Although I will not be using it for this mod I thought I would share my find with you folks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif This is some thin wire that illuminates and looks pretty cool at Glowire.com If this stuff would last longer I would have used it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif I may just have to find some reason to use it anyway. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

X-CalBR8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I've seen this stuff before. A lot of people use this stuff in their computer case mods. It looks really cool when it's all lit up. I've been meaning to get some someday just to play around with.

Aeryk

Newly Enlightened
SideGlow fiber-optic cable with a good lightsource sounds like it would be able to do the same thing, yet have a replaceable light source, and a much better longevity.

Aeryk

Evan

Enlightened
Target carries kits with 6' or 15' of blue or purple and a driver that will plug into a cigarette lighter (automotive dept.). (Just in case somebody wants to play and not wait for the postman.) The driver is not real well designed; I've had one fail.

Nice to see some vendors are honest about the life of the glow; hate to see somebody mess up a good van by supergluing this stuff all over; it probably won't last the life of the van. Also while it mostly gets dimmer with use, it also sort of burns out, the electricity can arc from the thin wire to the thick and cause a short.

Still really neat stuff to play with and will likely give years of enjoyment depending on the driver; the candle that burns twice as bright really does last half as long.