Maxpedition - Active Shooter Bag 3
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cree Stock

Flashaholic

Default Re: Noticed shares of Cree stock moving upward

Quote Originally Posted by matrixshaman View Post
    Yep shares of Cree moved up alright From over $22 down to $18 and something in just over a couple days. Like I said this stock is manipulated to the max. Big boys are playing it at the little guys expense and loss. Stay away unless you really want to be in for the long haul and there are so many variables that can eat the company that it's just a gamblers game IMO. Roll the dice....
    Nearing a 12% jump on news at closing.

Today's Range (6/1/2007): $23.05 - $25.00+

Anyone jump ship yet?
    Last edited by axolotls; 06-01-2007 at 04:12 PM.
    *** What the hell did I do now??? ***

Flashaholic*

From January, this is a 50% yield. I'm still keeping mine, because it's going up based on real technology progress and business opportunity. Today's news: Cree Demonstrates 100-mm Zero-Micropipe Silicon Carbide Substrates. They've eliminated defects in large wafers to increase yield and, more importantly, expand the range of products that can be produced.

Phredd

One analist is thinking the stock could double http://biz.yahoo.com/bizj/070601/1471644.html?.v=3 Not sure about that...but I`m holding on to my shares for now. There is talk that LED`s might be used in TV`s as well as laptops. This might end up being a great stock to own long term.
    formally kenb, then badbeams...and now Ken1022...my cookie quit working after the latest cpf upgrade.

Flashaholic

Last edited by axolotls; 09-19-2007 at 07:43 PM. Reason: redundant

Default Re: Too late to buy Cree stocks?

BTT

Cree's way up. Any thoughts on how much further it'll go? Does anybody know if another manufacturer is about to release anything competitive?

Trying to predict what a certain stock will do is difficult. While I am not a financial planner nor do I play one on TV, my advice would be to put your money in an exchange traded index fund. SPY, QQQQ, etc. That way, if a particular stock takes a dump you only take a small hit. It is a safe way to invest your money. You might not get rich quick doing it, but you won't lose your **** on any given day!

My financial guy didn't have anything to say about Cree, so I ended up getting some GE and 3M stocks instead. I figure GE should have me covered on the techy side well enough.
    RIP Don and Mike Show. Long Live The Mike O'Meara Show!

Here is a 3 month chart of Cree http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=CREE&t=3m I started buying Cree around $17 and have been buying more at differant prices...about a $1000 at a time. I have around $3000 in it so far and hope to add another $1000 next week. Led`s, I hope, will find their way into TV`s, computer screens, car headlights, homes, street lights and...everything that lights.

Whether Cree can hold on to their position as champ...don`t know. But they have a good shot of becoming a main player...might even beat Phillips down the road, or be bought by them.

Generally, I must disclose that I`m not very good at holding on to a stock...I tend to jump ship when a stock drops several days in a row...unless the whole market is dropping. This has proven to be a mistake many times. I`m a nervous invester. Mostly I stick with mutual funds for this reason.
    formally kenb, then badbeams...and now Ken1022...my cookie quit working after the latest cpf upgrade.

Cree made less money in the last quarter 2006 than the previous 5 quarters.
    Cree lost money 1st quarter 2007.
    That is a downward trend and investors don't like that. Investors like companies that makes more and more money and pay more and more dividends from the increasing profits.Cree does not make enough money to pay dividends. Most investors don't care about the technology, just show them the money.
    http://www.globeinvestor.com/servlet.../stock?id=Cree

Be prepared for a roller coaster ride. In the last 5 years Cree stock is up to forty and as low as the teens.
    http://investdb.theglobeandmail.com/...ong_movement=0

Default Too late to buy Cree stocks?

Kiking tail ends. After spending bunches on flashlights...looks like my hobby is paying me back nicely. Folks are still shocked when I show them my Fenix L1D...like last night at the fireworks...super shocked when I show them it runs on a lowly AA batt. Just got to love Cree!

Flashaholic

Default Re: Cree shares almost $29

$26.78 today. Just found out that my trailing stop took me out around $27 a week or go or so. That's what I get for not reading my snail mail. Overall it was a nice 60 - 70% gain. Most likely won't play again. Hope it is doing well for everyone else!

Default Cree Stock

Curious what everyone thinks of Cree, the company. I love their LEDs, but I wonder if the company itself is going to have success long term.

Does anyone foresee Cree being a good long-term investment? (assuming one already has a well diversified portfolio of course)

Go ahead and call it "Frisco" - I don't care.

Default Re: Cree Stock

Would've been a nice buy in December. The one analysis I read of it around that time noted that it had lost half its value in the last 12 months, and predicted it would lose half its remaining value in the next twelve months. From 30 to 15 to 7.5 /share. It's presently at 25.67/share. So much for predictions. I invest in companies that impress me with their honesty and integrity. If they make a product that I believe in and they believe in, I don't see why I shouldn't put a few bucks into that business. I guess that's why I've got about fifty bucks in the bank until thursday.
    -Winston

I wouldn't bet the farm on CREE, but I did buy some Cree stock at the 17-20 level.

Flashaholic

I think Cree have a nice future. Their SiC expertise itself is a solid value. Cree had lost share value in the last year, but its more related to a previous high value than any other cause, i believe. Investors searched for companies well positioned in the LED market, due to the high expectation about this market future growth. After the concentration process in the LED market, and with all the mayor lighting manufacturers buying and investing in the LED field, CREE has remained as the only mayor LED manufacturer wich isnt supported by a mayor lighting company.

Cree has a different strategy than other LED manufacturers, and possibly investors prefer the "guarantee" of companies having good distributors channels and integration capabilities. Cree dont make light fixtures or any finished product, they only want to be a leader manufacturer of components and raw materials. They dont want to enter in the marketing war, by not selling directly to the public, because they want to concentrate only in being a leader in the LED's manufacturing procces. IMHO, its a good strategy, at least for the moment.

The problem with share values of this companies is they are more affected by future expectations than to current company results. After the loss in the last year, i think Cree is currently a nice investment target, always you are thinking in the long term. Companies in sectors with quick growth, as LEDs, have a very speculative component, causing large fluctuations of value in the short term.

Default Cree - as a financial company

happen to stumble across this on Yahoo Financial as I was browsing thru today's stories... a story about Cree from the financial/investment point of view.

http://biz.yahoo.com/bizj/070831/1515054.html?.v=3

Default Re: Cree - as a financial company

since the start of the year, Cree's stock has jumped nearly 56 percent
    God damn !! I should stop playing the Lottery and start playing the Stock Market !!
    Credit Card Killers = LightHound : DealExtreme : KaiDomain : Credit Card Saver = Discounts Thread

Default Re: Cree - as a financial investment

yeah -
    Looks like the stock has jumped on rumors of a GE buyout.
    http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=CREE

Wish I had stumbled across this earlier,
    didn't even think of them as a large publicly traded company,
    might be too risky now.

Flashaholic

Up 11% today so far... closing in on $30

Still have a few shares that might have to go soon... Don't wanna play this game anymore
    Last edited by axolotls; 09-14-2007 at 01:08 PM. Reason: update

Flashaholic

Up 9% to $32.01 on GE buyout rumors (again)

Guess everyone cashed out already?

I don't trust the stock market. Period. But the old rule 'Buy on rumor - sell on news' does come to mind. However I hope Cree does not get bought out by GE.
    There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Almine

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by axolotls View Post
    Guess everyone cashed out already?
    Yeah. I sold at $29. It's over $34 now. Oh well. I bought at $16, so I can't really complain. It's hard to pick the perfect time to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd View Post
    It's hard to pick the perfect time to sell.
    That is so true. Ask me about AAPL.
    Too many lights! Stop me!

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by geeman View Post
    Apple's been fun to play. :P Lots of news practically every day. And it's consistent in that it is always moving.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by geeman View Post
    Oh man. No, talk to me about AAPL (pre-iPod!). Today my remaining shares doubled in value in CREE. I might just bow out today and wait for next short term impeding collapse of the world markets (with a cherry on top).

Heck, I need to buy a Nintendo WII anyways!

I am talking pre-iPod!
    Too many lights! Stop me!

Really if you invest for the long-term it's not necessarily that risky. I've bought shares of Cree anywhere from $17 to $27/share. Cree is one of the only public companies left that is making LED's (and isn't part of some huge conglomerate). And as I understand it they hold a lot of patents on LED's. I really hope GE doesn't buy Cree because I want to hold it for a long time....until there are LED's EVERYWHERE! Then the stock analysts will be telling us to buy Cree...they'll be telling us the future is bright and you can't lose on Cree stock. If they are not bought out in the next 10 years I expect to be getting returns of 200,300,400%. You just have to keep your head while others are losing theirs.

What a great thread! I'm no stock junkie in the least but it's great to see what goes on in the mind of someone who invests in stocks. It looks like fun when you end up in the positive.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Arkayne View Post
    What a great thread! I'm no stock junkie in the least but it's great to see what goes on in the mind of someone who invests in stocks. It looks like fun when you end up in the positive.
    Well, when you 'trade' CREE you are only buying and selling in the secondary market.

I have little or no faith in my ability to predict the futures of any company except Coca Cola, Mc Donalds etc...

To me, it's just a fun way of -gambling- that also involves a lot of psychological analysis and unlike Vegas you usually don't win or lose it all in five seconds.

Yeah, and I still have a lot of shares that want to be sold soon (but then whoever mentioned Apple before.....)

Flashaholic*

Default Stronger Market For LED Bulbs

Congress, in its infinite wisdom, passed an energy bill that will outlaw incandescent bulbs in four years. Most people I know hate fluorescent bulbs and the compact bulbs that are destined to replace the incandescent bulbs contain mercury which pose a health and environmental risk. There was an article about a woman who paid $2000 to have the mercury cleaned up from a broken bulb.

It seems that LED bulbs would have a much easier time competing with these compact fluorescent bulbs than with incandescent bulbs. So, with incandescent bulbs out of the way, I'm betting that companies will now put a lot more effort into producing mass-market LED bulbs, likely using Cree LEDs. I wouldn't even be surprised if they would be bought by GE. I've decided to reinvest in Cree. It's now at $22, off its $34 peak last August.

Phredd

Note that I'm not recommending that anyone invest.
    Last edited by Phredd; 12-20-2007 at 09:40 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast