Acebeam
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cree Stock

Flashaholic

Default Re: Noticed shares of Cree stock moving upward

I have read about the company and done some research on the stock. This company is still considered speculative by many. However if you look at the Patents they hold and the cross licensing agreements they have you can see very quickly that there is value in this company. Their initiative with the LED CITY project and involvement in the Ann Arbor street light program put them in a great position to benefit from the next big thing in LED Street Lights.
    www.LIOTEC.com
    LED lights and more

Nothing like the Apple stock I bought in 2004. What a ride!

I wish i was old enough, or rather finacially independent enough to do that, its so fitting, you buy shares in cree, and then use the money to buy crees....

Crenshaw

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Crenshaw View Post
    I wish i was old enough, or rather finacially independent enough to do that, its so fitting, you buy shares in cree, and then use the money to buy crees....

Crenshaw
    It's actually not so bad. You can get 10 shares for like $230-240. That's better than nothing. Ask your parent to get it, or ask them to co-sign for an investors account.

DIVERSIFY

Flashaholic*

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd View Post
    Don't believe it. Amtech will be out of Cree long before it hits 'their' price target.

I still own shares @ $15.84 and $27.40
    Sold off the ones I had purchased @ $16.88 back in June.

But, if it ever sees $55 fairly soon, I'd be stoked.

From Yahoo! Today:

52wk Range: 15.27 - 34.87
    Last edited by axolotls; 12-28-2007 at 04:20 PM.
    *** What the hell did I do now??? ***

Default CREE Went Up $3.37 Today. Anyone Know What Happened?

The market wasn't having a particularly good day, but CREE is up $3.37 to $27.82.

Anyone heard any news about CREE?

Default Re: CREE Went Up $3.37 Today. Anyone Know What Happened?

It's because of the K2 and Rebel emitter recall.
    See this thread.

Anybody wanna go rummaging through Lamina's trash bin? Ooooh Rebel 0100's, 70%-90% chance they're good.

I checked the codes on the few I have- they're good!

Yeah - that's my guess it may have gone up 'cause of the Lumileds recall but don't expect it to stay there. Cree is a volatile stock IMO and not necessarily related to the great things they are doing with their LED's.
    There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Almine

I think Cree is a total winner in 2008...but caution for the near term is the thought for today. Tough market.

...analysts are out there right now with price targets of $16 and even $8, stories of poor quality product, absurd comparisons to the obsolete BetaMax format, and other awful -- HATEFUL-- public gestures.

CPF is a beacon for truth.

These sad fellows want our CREE shares... AND they covet our newest X-Lamp lights, too. IMPERIALIST PIGS!

....spot the liars, and win.

The recent push to $28 is another chance to short and force price down once again. Shares could go to 21 fast, even following good news...

...however the Lumileds recall is a special kind of good news for Cree - could be potent if delivered with one or more exciting bits.

Let's see what happens Tuesday.

GL2allLongs...

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by DonnyD View Post

Let's see what happens Tuesday.
    Indeed...

Flashaholic

It's hard to see much negative in Cree's quarterly report today, and guidance was good, too, unless I missed something.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    ('')_('')

Again Cree's performance has little to do with the price of the stock. Too many other factors and players as can be seen yesterday and today. If you like to keep your money invest in flashlights
    There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Almine

Conference call says Cree is making money. So are shareholders. Would like to see a nice close tomorrow.

Thank you CPF for enlightening me since 2006.

Question Is CREE stock a good investment?

I own some CREE which has been doing well, but I'm wondering how their future in the marketplace looks. There's lots of new tech (quantum dots, etc...) in the labs but does that threaten CREE's products in the near future (say 4 years)?
    ... and Shuji Nakamura said, "Let there be light"

Default Re: Is CREE stock a good investment?

Quote Originally Posted by Photon_Whisperer View Post
    I own some CREE which has been doing well, but I'm wondering how their future in the marketplace looks. There's lots of new tech (quantum dots, etc...) in the labs but does that threaten CREE's products in the near future (say 4 years)?
    I own cree stock as well. I would say that yes indeed other companies could be working on things such as quantum dots and bring it to market faster than Cree which will hurt Cree but I'm still not that worried. They will do fine in the long run.

At over $30.00 per share it is overvalued. As proof just check how many options have been exercised by chief executives lately. On the long run it is probably a good stock. If you have some, keep them, if not, buy on weakness.
    Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Not sure about overvalued. Energy stocks are pricey, First Solar has a P/E of ~100. Color Kinetics was bought at 5x book value. Using the same metrics, CREE should be around 60. Good IP portfolio and lots of cash.

The stock being exercised was prearranged. It's the selling of the stock after the options were exercised which could be considered a bad sign, but at the same time, it's common to do for tax and cash flow reasons.
    ... and Shuji Nakamura said, "Let there be light"

Flashaholic*

Cree has been very volatile, so it would be risky to predict for the short term, but I believe it is a very good investment for the long term. LED lighting is the future, especially with recent legislation that will ban incandescent lighting. Cree has also been developing very important technologies which give it a competitive advantage and make it an attractive acquisition. Cree has fallen in the past few days to just over $28 right now.

Phredd

Like I said in the above two posts.... Cree has gone from around $34 (5 months ago) to around $17 yesterday and this just before announcing 2 new high power Rebel sized LED's today. It's a dangerous stock to play. Your Cree flashlights are a safer investment

Default Cree's Q1 2009 Statement

Is anybody following or owns CREE stock? They had an interesting quarter end - unexpectedly high revenue, but lower profits.
    What are your predictions for the future of this company? How will the economic downturn affect Cree and LED industry in general (it is an optional commodity for most)

Here is a link to the statement http://www.cree.com/press/press_deta...=1224617351620

Here is a link to the webcast http://www.videonewswire.com/event.asp?id=51707

Any insider info? LOL

Default Re: Cree's Q1 2009 Statement

Quote Originally Posted by odessit View Post
    it is an optional commodity for most
    Oh? And what do you see as the primary application(s) for Cree's products?

As long as the low profits are from reinvesting, issues out of their control (such as market fluctuations screwing with what they thought was stable credit), or some other good reason...why would it bad?

I don't see big trucks going to incandescent.
    I don't see street lights being replaced by incandescents.
    Small electronics, cell phones, etc., need indicators and backlights.
    The list goes on. They are right in there, and I assume some of their big money makers would surprise me.

With rising energy prices, I don't see a large competitive business that makes LEDs not doing well, in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by gswitter View Post
    Oh? And what do you see as the primary application(s) for Cree's products?
    That's a good question - enlighten me (not being sarcastic at all).
    To ME, as a consumer, I'd tend to purchase cheaper alternatives (CFL for example) during the tough economic times. This attitude WILL carry over to some businesses as well.

Quote Originally Posted by cerbie View Post
    I don't see big trucks going to incandescent.
    I don't see street lights being replaced by incandescents.
    Small electronics, cell phones, etc., need indicators and backlights.
    The list goes on. They are right in there, and I assume some of their big money makers would surprise me.
    With rising energy prices, I don't see a large competitive business that makes LEDs not doing well, in the long run.
    I was not aware that trucks are going LEDs, but IMHO they would be fairly small part of the business.
    I've never seen LED street lights, most of it is Hg vapor bulbs, or whatever they are. Replacement of these, probably makes the most sense - lower energy consumption and most importantly lower labor costs to replace them. The local gov must be educated on the benefits and be willing to shell out cash up front for long term savings. The same goes for biz.

From the conference call, it was mentioned that electronics/LCD lightning market for Cree is small (future plans blah blah...).
    Indicators would use lower output/cheaper LEDs - it is overloaded with products like this.
    LCD backlights is one potential market that Cree needs to develop.

Probably it is a good stock to get now and wait until the recession is over.

Traffic lights are what I meant, sorry about that. LEDs are being used a lot in buildings that have been made in the past year or so. If those street signs on the interstates aren't LED yet, that'd be a good application, too.

In general, I see it being a bright (haha) future for most of the LED companies, simply because the USA has finally become energy conscious. LEDs are not ready to replace all other lights by a long shot, but there are many areas where they are ready, and many more where they are on the edge of being ready.

Default Anyone own Cree stock?

CLICK HERE for my flashlight reviews.
    PAUL KIM... AN INDUSTRY GENIUS

Default Who here has bought CREE stock?

I'm no big-time investor, but purchased a few shares of CREE stock a couple months ago and have been very pleased to see how well it has done in a market that is generally declining.

With flashlight manufacturers having a hard time getting enough CREE LED's to make their products and the US government awarding CREE a contract to replace existing lighting at the pentagon with LED fixtures, I decided to buy some shares because it seems to me that CREE has more demand than they can supply and they are perfectly positioned to receive more and more of these government contracts since they are the major US company manufacturing LED lighting fixtures.

If the new president creates incentives for the rest of us to make the switch to LED's for our homes as well as government buildings, CREE will definitely be on the winning side of the economy.

Anyway, just curious if other people here have used their knowledge of flashlights and LED's to make financial decisions?
    Last edited by YuccaPatrol; 04-02-2009 at 11:14 AM.

Default Re: Who here has bought CREE stock?

Good info. What is their stock symbol?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast