"Eneloopy" battery tester

musicalfruit

Newly Enlightened
So my "Eneloopy" battery tester from the Eneloop rebate came in. Am not quite sure what to do with it. I usually just pop the battery back into the charger if I'm not sure of the charge state.

What is everyone else doing with theirs?

h2xblive

Enlightened
So my "Eneloopy" battery tester from the Eneloop rebate came in. Am not quite sure what to do with it. I usually just pop the battery back into the charger if I'm not sure of the charge state.

What is everyone else doing with theirs?

Keeping it as a collectible? ;)

edc3

Enlightened
I've sent for two, but haven't gotten them yet. I'll give one to my daughter because she thinks they're "cute". I have no idea what to do with the other. I only sent for them because they were FREE and I got caught up in Eneloop frenzy.

eneloopy.jpg

fishinfool

Enlightened
Would the charger in the new Costco Eneloop tones/charger combo qualify for this? :thinking:

Last edited:

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
:ohgeez: I didn't even notice the date. :eek:

well you just went loopy.... eneloopy that is :D
I looked online to see if anyone was offering/selling these and nobody is at all so it probably is a collector's item as usually ebay at least has items for sale and nothing on US ebay.

fishinfool

Enlightened
well you just went loopy.... eneloopy that is :D
I looked online to see if anyone was offering/selling these and nobody is at all so it probably is a collector's item as usually ebay at least has items for sale and nothing on US ebay.

Yes I'm still loopy and I blame it on the beers but hey, it's friday night right? :drunk: I even had 2 mail-in order forms printed and both costco upc's cut-out, then I read your post. :eek: :crackup:

I'll just search every once in a while and maybe 1 or 2 will pop-up.....hopefully.

fishinfool

Enlightened
Last edited:

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Wow, you actually found one but $44.99 plus $10 shipping......OUCH! :faint:

I'll just keep looking until I find just the eneloopy battery tester.

Thanks Lynx!

yeah that is what I thought when I saw the price. They had one for $34 plus $8 shipping without the charger but that is still stiff for 2 batteries and the dog checker IMO. I think a lot of people would buy the eneloopy if it was $20 delivered for a conversational piece. I would pay $10 to get one myself but not too much more than that as I don't even have any eneloops to fuel it with :thinking:

fishinfool

Enlightened
yeah that is what I thought when I saw the price. They had one for $34 plus $8 shipping without the charger but that is still stiff for 2 batteries and the dog checker IMO. I think a lot of people would buy the eneloopy if it was $20 delivered for a conversational piece. I would pay $10 to get one myself but not too much more than that as I don't even have any eneloops to fuel it with :thinking:

Same here. I'll pay for several at 10 bucks but only 1 or 2 at $20. :whistle:

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Same here. I'll pay for several at 10 bucks but only 1 or 2 at $20. :whistle:

I have a similar type of battery tester here that has 3 LEDs for state of charge but no doggie case it just has a flip open case that holds 6AA and 4AAA batteries. From what the dog tester (eneloopy) looks like you have to open it up and put the battery in to test it which makes it rather time consuming so most of us flashaholics wouldn't use it after awhile. I mostly test batteries with an LCD digital tester I got for ~$6 locally. It has 3 load settings and reads up to 19.99v I believe.

fishinfool

Enlightened
I have a similar type of battery tester here that has 3 LEDs for state of charge but no doggie case it just has a flip open case that holds 6AA and 4AAA batteries. From what the dog tester (eneloopy) looks like you have to open it up and put the battery in to test it which makes it rather time consuming so most of us flashaholics wouldn't use it after awhile. I mostly test batteries with an LCD digital tester I got for ~$6 locally. It has 3 load settings and reads up to 19.99v I believe.

I have a zts tester. I wanted the eneloopy as gifts for my niece and 2 nephews that visited me this summer. I gave them several flashlights each and tons of rechargeable batteries when they went back to Alaska. They keep asking for brighter lights every time I talk to them. The 12 yr. old wants my tk40. :eek:

Wintertime in Alaska is perfect for flashlights since it is dark for 14-18 hrs. a day. Cities at the northern tip of Alaska like Barrow don't see the sun for 2 months (Nov. to Jan.) which I would consider a flashaholics paradise. :D

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Well, if someone just has to have the Eneloopy, at least the price does "include" the decent independent channel charger shown.

I did, and chose paid the ridiculous EBay price. Many thanks to Lynx_Arc for feeding my irrational obsession. :twothumbs Now I will have to work this puppy to death.

fishinfool

Enlightened
Well, if someone just has to have the Eneloopy, at least the price does "include" the decent independent channel charger shown.

I already have way too many chargers but I'm seriously looking at the one Lynx mentioned that was cheaper and without the charger.

Latest posts