Z50 Lanyard attachment

strat1080

Newly Enlightened
How do you attach this to an E1e or E1L. I recently purchased an E1L with the Z50 lanyard kit. On the end of the lanyard cord itself is a little ring. Also supplied with the kit is a springloaded attachment. I can't see where the attachment itself would connect with the flashlight. Are you supposed to just attach the ring on the end of the lanyard into the 2 loops on the belt clip? Does anybody have pictures of an attached Z50 to a E1 body? Thanks.

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
How do you attach this to an E1e or E1L. I recently purchased an E1L with the Z50 lanyard kit. On the end of the lanyard cord itself is a little ring. Also supplied with the kit is a springloaded attachment. I can't see where the attachment itself would connect with the flashlight. Are you supposed to just attach the ring on the end of the lanyard into the 2 loops on the belt clip? Does anybody have pictures of an attached Z50 to a E1 body? Thanks.
the ring i think goes between tail switch and body then the spring clip attatches to that.thats if it is the same as a centurion which i owned.but someone with one may chime in.

Last edited:

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
The E series do not use a lanyard ring. Your lanyard attaches to the raised loop at the end of the pocket clip.

Mark

strat1080

Newly Enlightened
The thing that troubles me is that it appears that I got the Z60 lanyard configuration instead of the Z50. The little ring that looks like it is supposed to loop through the loops on the belt clip was actually attached to the lanyard cord itself. In the picture of the Z50 on Surefire's website the little ring is attached to the spring-loaded clip that would loop through the little loops on the belt clip. It looks like I got a Z60 minus the plastic ring that goes around the flashlight body.

I was able to get it to work but had to disassemble the entire lanyard. Shoving the cord back through the adjustment sliders and putting the end-piece back on was a royal pain but I got it working. When I ordered this light, the Surefire CS rep told me that I would be calling them back about how to install the lanyard. She said nearly everybody that orders the Z50 for the Executive series lights calls back about the lanyard.

Paladin

Enlightened
I take the small ring and attach it to the raised loops at the free end of the belt clip. The snap hook attachment I install on the lanyard cord, and snap the hook into the small ring when I want the lanyard attached.

Of course I DID try snapping the hook directly to the raised loops of the belt clip, they promptly broke cleanly off. :thinking: That was when I realized what the small ring was for...

Paladin

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does your lanyard comes with closed ends or loose ends? I have come across 2 types of lanyard that comes with the lights. One is a closed end lanyard with two adjustable stoppers(round shaped) and a Micro clip (SF) and the other type with the open ends but also with two round stoppers but the clip is a simple clip with a black split ring....