What is the highest capacity RCR123a in existance today?

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
And i dont mean numbers on the side of the package :)

there are "900"ma cells, and 800s and 750s, and even 1000ma 3v cells, if you believe them.

but most of the stuff silverfox tested, did not come anywhere near the cute numbers at the top :)
since his testing, many other new alleged to be improved cells have come out with cute numbers.

has anyone tested one that will do a Full 800ma (for example) at 1amp?

-----------------------------------------------------------

and one more completly off topic Question, that i was hoping to get a opinion on (from say Silverfox).
Is a enloop lower self discharge, than the li-ion?
I was switching to li-ion en-quantity, because of its low self discharge and now this LSD ni-mhy comes along , and is very similar.

i have some non-protected li-ion cells that are less discharge than the ni-mhy lsd charts, but some protected li-ion , and old cells that are more.
so generally speaking which would still be the king of the shelf time?

Last edited:

knot

Banned
Don't lithium's have a 10 year shelf life? I don't think enloops or other LSD have that.

Sanyo claims that the longer shelf life is due to a high-performance negative electrode "superlattice alloy" and the make-up of battery material and battery plates. Their tests were conducted at 20 degrees Celsius and they claim the eneloops retain 90% of their power after 6 months and 85% after one year. 20 degrees Celsius equals 68 degrees Fahrenheit which is a bit below what one would consider average room temperature. Since battery life goes down with increased temperature, I would expect the actual shelf life of eneloops to be a bit less than claimed. But, since the comparison test was made with regular NiMH batteries at the same temperature, the eneloops should still have a substantially better shelf life than regular NiMH batteries.

Last edited:

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
right the Lithium primary cell from a good manufacture would stay charged and usable years longer than the rechargables.

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello VidPro,

At a 1 amp draw, both MP and Powerizer (bare cells) come very close to 0.6 Ah, and that is at the top of my list. I re-tested them after a year of use, and they have dropped down to around 0.55 Ah. They seem to be holding up very well.

Li-Ion cells still have a lower self discharge rate than even the low self discharge rate cells.

Tom

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
Post #4

li-ions only last so long after they are manufactured. this quantity of time has improved large ammounts of years.
and they also self discharge.

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello VidPro,

At a 1 amp draw, both MP and Powerizer (bare cells) come very close to 0.6 Ah, and that is at the top of my list. I re-tested them after a year of use, and they have dropped down to around 0.55 Ah. They seem to be holding up very well.

Li-Ion cells still have a lower self discharge rate than even the low self discharge rate cells.

Tom

Thanks Silverfox

I need more. i have a leetel teeny 123 light now that uses these little cells, and the li-ion versions of them, are not good capacity compared to the primary. i cant believe i am gonna have to carry a spare. or use a primary :sick2:
mabey i will have to MOD it more .