• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Flashlight Component Confusion

Greta

Flashaholic
Originally posted by smcharchan on 8-01-07 HERE.

So I'm thinking of upgrading my Draco with a Rebel and I start a search for an appropriate reflector. Google leads me to the Sandwich Shoppe. I come across this:

$14.00
The 10mm Rebel Reflector is the newest addition to the McR reflector family. Made for the Rebel LED.
Use with the Rebel MCPCB, 6x strip and Rebel flower thin PCB.

I consider myself above average when it comes to flashlight knowledge, but certainly far behind the CPF elite. I spend 4-8 hours on CPF a week building my knowledge. I build hotwires, upgrade emitters, and understand quite a bit about LED module/flashlight building, yet this reads like Greek to me! I have spent hours upon hours on the Sandwich Shoppe, and seem to feel more and more confused and intimidated every time I visit. I understand that the products are made for the flashlight elite, but similar to many visits before I can't decipher what products this sentence is directing me towards. There are some excellent flow charts regarding driver selection and such on the site, but I think a product description such as this comes across as coded and unintelligible. Should I just head back to the bench and have a seat while the varsity play, or is this actually too little of a description?

I'm not trying to bash the Sandwich Shoppe, as their product are excellent. Further, they can run their store however they see fit! I just want to know if I should understand what these associated product are without further explanation?!?

Side note: This is for a 10mm reflector. Draco reflector is 11mm. Any ideas to keep the reflector centered in the Draco head?

Greta

Flashaholic
Originally posted by mahoney on 8-02-07,

I'll answer the easy part of the question.
If you can find a convenient sized O-ring, that will work well to center an undersized reflector. Otherwise, wraps of tape will do in a pinch.